No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

changing the admin log in to eliminate "onmicrosoft.com".

• 1 Follower
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I am the administrator to my website and have to log in as "me@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com". While I was helping another person build her website she too had to sign in the same way including the "onmicrosoft.com"; however in the process of transitioning her website from OLSB to Office365, she was booted off and had to log back in. Since she was using the "me@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com" login, we continued several times trying to login in with no success. After days passed by communicating by email, with 365 support,  it was discovered that the "onmicrosoft.com" was dropped and now she logs in as "me@mydomain.com".  I'd like to be able to do the same but I'm afraid of changing anything for fear of having my website go down and having to waste several days trying to get a straight answer. I also will be building a third website and need to understand what's going on.
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi papabarry,

Thanks for posting here.
    I understand that you would like to sign in to the Office 365 portal and SharePoint Online with the sign-in address: user@yourdomain.com instead of the original one: user@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com. Is it right?

If it is the case, it needs to add your custom domain to Office 365 successfully and then change user’s address in the Microsoft Online Portal (MOP). If you are on the process of transition from OLSB to Office 365, you may refer to this article remove your domain from OLSB to Office 365:
    http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/transition.aspx

In addition, to change user’s sign-in address, please firstly log in to MOP with an administrator account and password, and then click Users in the left panel of the home page. Then locate the user you need to change address, click Details, and change user name as in the following example:

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to correct me in the forum.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)