No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Advertising photos do not open

• 5 Followers
  • 33 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
Advertising emails sent to me include photos, but they are not visible. How can I correct this
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi lookingforhelp,

With Office Outlook Web (OWA) Access, you can use a Web browser to access your Office 365 mailbox from any computer with an Internet connection.

For more information about OWA, you can refer to this link.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899531.aspx

You can also follow the steps below to connect Outlook 2003 to Office 365 mailbox by using POP3 or IMAP.
    1. Open Outlook.
    The E-mail Accounts wizard appears the first time that you open Outlook. If the E-mail Accounts wizard doesn't appear when you first open Outlook, follow these steps:
    a. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
    b. In the E-mail Accounts wizard, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.

2. On the Server Type page, make sure that either POP3 or IMAP is selected, and then click Next.

3. On the Internet E-mail Settings page, follow these steps:
    a. Under User Information, enter the following information:
    •In the Your Name box, enter the name that you want users to see when you send mail from this account.
    •In the E-mail Address box, enter your email address.
    b. Under Server Information, enter the following information:
    •Under Account Type, select IMAP or POP3. Consider using IMAP.
    •In the Incoming mail server box, enter the IMAP or POP server name. For information about how to find your incoming POP3 or IMAP4 server name, see the "How do I find the server settings?" section of the following Microsoft website: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchangelabshelp/cc511385 .

•In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server name. For information about how to find your outgoing SMTP server name, see the "How do I find the server settings?" section of the following Microsoft website: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchangelabshelp/cc511385 .

c. Under Logon Information, enter the following information:
    •In the User Name box, enter your email address.
    •In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure that the Remember password check box is selected.

4. In the lower-right area of the page, click More Settings, and then in Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box, follow these steps:
    a. On the Outgoing Server tab, click to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
    b. On the Advanced tab, follow these steps:
     Under Incoming server (IMAP) or under Incoming server (POP3), click to select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box.
     Under Outgoing server (SMTP), click to select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box.
     If you are using POP3 and you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box. If you don't select this option, all messages are removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
    c. Click OK.

5. Click Next.

6. On the Congratulations page, click Finish, and then exit the wizard.

7. If you are using IMAP4, a message may be displayed that asks whether you want to download folders for the mail server that you added. Click Yes. Use the Outlook 2003 user interface to select the folders to synchronize between the server and your local computer, and then click OK.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hello Lookingforhelp,

Which email client you are using to access your mailbox, Outlook client or OWA?

For security purpose, some content (e.g picture in advertising emails) might be blocked when accessing mailbox via OWA. To narrow down the problem, I suggest you to refer to article below to configure Outlook client to access your mailbox in Office 365 and check if the issue can be fixed.

Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2010
    http://help.outlook.com/en-US/beta/dd253202.aspx

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Lookingforhelp,

I don't see any comments since prior post. Did the above reply answer your question? If you need additional assistance on this problem, please let us know. Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Jack Sun,

I do not have Outlook 2010, only 2003. I did view the video to set up 2010.  I'm am new at this so I do not know what OWA means. Before Office 365 I had Office live email. I received emails with advertising and photos. Do I need to buy 2010?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi lookingforhelp,

With Office Outlook Web (OWA) Access, you can use a Web browser to access your Office 365 mailbox from any computer with an Internet connection.

For more information about OWA, you can refer to this link.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899531.aspx

You can also follow the steps below to connect Outlook 2003 to Office 365 mailbox by using POP3 or IMAP.
    1. Open Outlook.
    The E-mail Accounts wizard appears the first time that you open Outlook. If the E-mail Accounts wizard doesn't appear when you first open Outlook, follow these steps:
    a. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
    b. In the E-mail Accounts wizard, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.

2. On the Server Type page, make sure that either POP3 or IMAP is selected, and then click Next.

3. On the Internet E-mail Settings page, follow these steps:
    a. Under User Information, enter the following information:
    •In the Your Name box, enter the name that you want users to see when you send mail from this account.
    •In the E-mail Address box, enter your email address.
    b. Under Server Information, enter the following information:
    •Under Account Type, select IMAP or POP3. Consider using IMAP.
    •In the Incoming mail server box, enter the IMAP or POP server name. For information about how to find your incoming POP3 or IMAP4 server name, see the "How do I find the server settings?" section of the following Microsoft website: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchangelabshelp/cc511385 .

•In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, enter the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server name. For information about how to find your outgoing SMTP server name, see the "How do I find the server settings?" section of the following Microsoft website: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchangelabshelp/cc511385 .

c. Under Logon Information, enter the following information:
    •In the User Name box, enter your email address.
    •In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure that the Remember password check box is selected.

4. In the lower-right area of the page, click More Settings, and then in Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box, follow these steps:
    a. On the Outgoing Server tab, click to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
    b. On the Advanced tab, follow these steps:
     Under Incoming server (IMAP) or under Incoming server (POP3), click to select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box.
     Under Outgoing server (SMTP), click to select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box.
     If you are using POP3 and you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box. If you don't select this option, all messages are removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
    c. Click OK.

5. Click Next.

6. On the Congratulations page, click Finish, and then exit the wizard.

7. If you are using IMAP4, a message may be displayed that asks whether you want to download folders for the mail server that you added. Click Yes. Use the Outlook 2003 user interface to select the folders to synchronize between the server and your local computer, and then click OK.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi lookingforhelp,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Regular email opens for me to read. Emails with advertising and photos do not. Isn't this more of a security setting? I started to do what you said beginning with Outlook 2003, but stopped in case it created another problem.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi lookingforhelp,

If the mails are opened without photos, can you find the notice like below?

Did all mails have the problem with photo displayed? Or only mails from one special sender have this issue.

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • That message appears on all of my emails. Clicking it does not open the photos.

The problem is on all emails, all senders, with photos and advertising. I just received one from Microsoft and all advertising is blocked.

I have AOL also and all advertising opens normally.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Lookingforhelp,

Yes, just as I mentioned in the previous post, some content (e.g picture in advertising emails) might be blocked when accessing mailbox in Exchange Online via OWA for security purpose. Before going further, could you let us know if you can access these emails properly with Outlook client?

If the issue persists when accessing your mailbox with Outlook client, please post back a screenshot of Outlook client to allow us to understand the problem in more details.

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • What is Outlook client? I have Outlook 2003, but I am using Office 365 to receive and send emails

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Lookingforhelp,

To have best experience of Exchange Online, you should access your mailbox in Office 365 with Outlook 2007 SP2 or later. If you are using Outlook 2003, please refer to steps in article below to add a POP/IMAP account for your Office 365 mailbox into Outlook client.

Using POP3 and IMAP4 E-Mail Programs
    http://help.outlook.com/en-US/beta/cc511383.aspx

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • I appreciate your help. I do not know if I have POP or IMAP.

I also do not understand.....I can see/open email in office 365 (except that advertising does not open). If I use outlook 2003, do I open email in outlook or office 365

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Lookingforhelp,

In our case here, you may try to access/open your emails with Outlook client to check if these pictures in advertising email can be displayed properly.

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Sorry to be so dense. Is Outlook Client the same as Outlook 2003? If yes, how do I open emails in Office 365 with Outlook 2003.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1|2|3|