No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Setting up a non-authoritative domain

This question is answered This question is answered

I just signed up a trial account for "Microsoft Office 365 Trial (Plan P1)" and planned to setup trial users for a handful of 5 accounts to use Office 365 out of the current hosted 20 POP accounts.

I am not able to send mails to the users which are currently not in the trial. How do I setup the Office 365 trial domain as non-authoritative so that unknown users can be routed back to the POP server?

Thanks in advance.

Leo

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Leo,

I understand that you would like to keep some of the users using the current POP3 mail service, and the others using Exchange Online. To achieve this goal, you need to use simple domain sharing for email. For detailed information, please refer to the following article:
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/exchange/simple-domain-sharing-for-smtp-email-addresses.aspx

Although the above article is for SMTP email addresses, it also applies to POP3 email addresses.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Leo,

How is everything going? We’d appreciate an update on the status of the issue.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Yes, Mandy thanks. Your article resolved my issue.