Multiple errors during simple mail migration

• This post has 9 Replies |
  • 7 Followers
  • I started a simple mail migration yesterday and the wizard ran through and delivered a MigrationErrors.csv that contains the following:

• For one valid user with a useable on site mailbox: An internal error has occurred. If this error occurs frequently, contact Microsoft Support.
    • For one valid user with a useable on site mailbox: Failed to update one of the recipient properties. Couldn't find object "/o=NT5/ou=993484B3C5A8454390D178109E74FB4F/cn=CEE2C4CCB712F149928A17C275E690E2". Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.
    • For one valid user with a useable on site mailbox: Error: MapiExceptionInvalidParameter: Unable to modify table. (hr=0x80070057, ec=-2147024809) Diagnostic context: Lid: 45095 EMSMDB.EcDoRpcExt2 called [length=192] Lid: 61479 EMSMDB.EcDoRpcExt2 returned

I'm at a loss as to how to fix these.  I've run the simple migration again with the same effect.  I tried deleting the mail account for the one with the internal error and that didn't help.  There's no good information that I can find regarding specifically what permissions the migrating account needs on the target mailboxes in order to migrate their data.  Is there a resource somewhere I'm missing with recommendations on how to resolve migration errors?  These mailboxes are all functional on the originating server.

Do I need to provide additional permissions for the migrating account?  Maybe I should run isinteg/eseutils on the originating e-mail store?  There are no significant errors on the source mail system.

• Hello scameron,

First, your migrating account will need full access permissions on your local mailbox.  More specifically, try following all of the steps here:

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardexchangelearnmore.aspx

Also, I'd suggest moving the affected mailboxes from one message store to another, just in case you're dealing with some corrupt items, as that can sometimes clean up the accounts in question.  I'd suggest looking for the account in your local AD that contains cn=CEE2C4CCB712F149928A17C275E690E2 in particular, as that'll be one of the affected accounts.

• Also, are you trying to migrate from Exchange mailboxes, or from IMAP mailboxes?

• And as one last suggestion, try using the Test-MigrationServerAvailability cmd-let to test your migration configuration.  You'll be able to use that by connecting to Remote PowerShell using these instructions:

help.outlook.com/.../cc952755.aspx

• Thanks for your responses.  Here's some more information:

1. The source mailboxes are Exchange 2003 and we are connecting using RPC over HTTPS with a valid public SSL certificate from GoDaddy.
    2. I've changed the permissions for the migrator account to full read/send access to all of the e-mail accounts.  I removed the Deny permissions for the account at the Exchange Org level.
    3. I've successfully tested access via the public OWA website accessing several of the mailboxes while logging in as the migrator account.  I also had successful tests via Test-MigrationServerAvailability on the remote PowerShell and via the Outlook Anywhere test at www.testexchangeconnectivity.com.
    4. 9 out of 21 mailboxes failed.  I had:
      1. Seven: "An internal error has occurred. If this error occurs frequently, contact Microsoft Support."
      2. One: "Error: MapiExceptionInvalidParameter: Unable to modify table. (hr=0x80070057, ec=-2147024809)"
      3. One: "Failed to update one of the recipient properties. Couldn't find object"
    5. The source server is SBS2003 and therefore does not have the possibility to move mailboxes between stores.  I would imagine many if not most users for this Outlook 365 SKU will be coming from SBS.

I've thought about exporting one of the affected mailboxes to PST, recreating it from scratch and then reimporting the mail from PST.  Maybe that would clean this up?  Unfortunately the Office 365 service provides inadequate troubleshooting and logging information and there's no indication of what to fix.

Any ideas?  I'm about ready to tell my clients that they shouldn't consider the $6 SKU for Office 365 due to the lack of phone tech support.  You guys do a good job and try hard, but the lag for posting on their forum is a killer in a migration... even if it is for a smaller client.  We would use the $10 SKU, but it isn't available in the beta and this client doesn't need the $24 one.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

• Scott,

See if you can migrate those remaining mailboxes using IMAP access, as per the steps here:

help.outlook.com/.../dd904453.aspx

• Did you ever resolve this problem and how?  This is almost exactly my same set up and problem.

• Any luck with this? I've run into the same problem.  I figured out this one:

• For one valid user with a useable on site mailbox: Failed to update one of the recipient properties. Couldn't find object "/o=NT5/ou=993484B3C5A8454390D178109E74FB4F/cn=CEE2C4CCB712F149928A17C275E690E2". Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.

It was being caused by having granted a user to send on behalf. That user is no longer with the company, and the account no longer exists, but it's still part of the user's properties who is still with the company. I removed that, and the mailbox migrated. Now, I just need to figure out what's causing the second error:

• For one valid user with a useable on site mailbox: An internal error has occurred. If this error occurs frequently, contact Microsoft Support.

Hopefully, this will help someone and hopefully, I can figure out the other one as well.

• I had this error:

user@domain.com

Failed to update one of the recipient properties. Couldn't find object "/o=NT5/ou=3073CECB6B85E649BEA046E5CAAA84D0/cn=BEFB0EE1C72FC6478CE88FA2323CC2D3". Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.

I solved it by doing this (Exchange 2007):

Set-Mailbox username -GrantSendOnBehalfTo $Null

To remove the users send on behalf permissions for a number of non-existing mailboxes. This will erase all.

Before doing it you might want to take note of what mailboxes the user has send on behalf permissions for:

Get-Mailbox username | fl GrantSendOnBehalfTo

• Hello,

I had the same error on (Exchange 2007)

I followed the suggestion of Frantz Dhin w/o success.

By a deeper look I found a similar entry on the "Manager" under Organization of the user Properties in ECP

Finally, remove the send on behalf and Manager Entries solved the issue.

rgrds

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)