No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Delegate Cannot See Archive Folder in Outlook

• 2 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have a user (user2) that is a delegate to another (user1).  He can see user1's mailbox.  Verified "FullAccess" via get-mailboxpermissions.

User2, however, cannot see user1's online archive folder via Outlook 2010.  What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

JGraham

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Neo,

After further testing I've discovered a couple things...

1.  No need for custom OCT per your instructions above.

2.  Simply doing "Add-MailboxPermission -Identity user1 -User user2 -AccessRights FullAccess" I'm now able to see the mailbox AND its respective archive mailbox.

HOWEVER, by following the instructions here, I cannot get the mailbox and archive mailbox to show if I use a distribution group/security group per the instructions in step 2.  If I add a specific user via the powershell command, the mailbox and archive are autodiscovered in both Outlook 2007 sp3 and Outlook 2010 sp1.

Obviously, adding every one of my users individually is not optimal.  I would hope there is a fix/further instructions for adding a DG/SG with full access to a mailbox.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi JGraham,

Thanks for your post. For Exchagne Online , archive folder is only available by using autodiscover service at this time. As for this case, if you need to check the information in archive folder. you can create a new mail profile for user1 and user2.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hi Jgraham,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • So.... what you're telling me is:

1.  If I create a new profile for User2 and let it autodiscover, User2 will be able to see User1's Online archive?

OR

2. I need to create a User1 profile ON User2's PC..... and have User2 switch between profiles when he needs to see User1's Online Archive?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi JGraham,

Thanks for your reply. My suggestion is if you are using Outlook2010, you can create two Exchange online in same email problem by using Exchange Autodiscover service. After that, you can see archive folder for user1 and user2. Detail information you can take a look at technet.microsoft.com/.../ee815819.aspx

If you are not use Outlook2010, you can setup the full-permission user1 on user2 (user1 have the full permission on user2's mailbox) via PowerShell.

- Connect Exchange online via PowerShell help.outlook.com/.../cc952755.aspx
    - "Add-MailboxPermission -Identity user1 -User user2 -AccessRights fullaccess"

In this case, setup delegation in Outlook UI/interface is unavailable.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Will reply back after testing.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Neo,

After further testing I've discovered a couple things...

1.  No need for custom OCT per your instructions above.

2.  Simply doing "Add-MailboxPermission -Identity user1 -User user2 -AccessRights FullAccess" I'm now able to see the mailbox AND its respective archive mailbox.

HOWEVER, by following the instructions here, I cannot get the mailbox and archive mailbox to show if I use a distribution group/security group per the instructions in step 2.  If I add a specific user via the powershell command, the mailbox and archive are autodiscovered in both Outlook 2007 sp3 and Outlook 2010 sp1.

Obviously, adding every one of my users individually is not optimal.  I would hope there is a fix/further instructions for adding a DG/SG with full access to a mailbox.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi JGraham,

Thanks for the feedback. Once we assgin the user01 permission to user02, the service will add the information to the "delegation list" at the back-end. Autodiscover service will check this attitude and load the related mailbox. However, if we assign the permission to a dg, the dg information will in the "delegation list", not the users in the dg.

I'd encourage you can submit a feedback at mymfe.microsoft.com/.../Feedback.aspx to help us to improve our service.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)