No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Trying to recover my website i made through office live in office live 365

This question is answered This question is answered
So I just did the 6 month trial switch over to live 365 and I cant switch over the website that I made through office live.
Verified Answer
  • Hi Tyler,

Based on your description, since you just transited to Office 365 from OLSB, I would like to confirm if your domain has been "verified" in Office 365 and if your requirement is to change your SharePoint public website's URL as www.yourdomain.com.

If you would like to edit your SharePoint public website's URL as www.yourdomain.com, please first check that if the name server records have been created successfully as described in the link below:

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg549203.aspx

After doing this, try the steps below to change the website address to use your custom domain.

1. Log in Office 365, click Admin.

2. Click Domains on the left panel.

3. There is a sentence that begins with "Your SharePoint website address is...".  Click Change Address.

4. Select the custom domain from the drop-down and click OK.

5. Wait for some time and check if you can access your website.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

All Replies
  • Hi Tyler,

Based on your description, since you just transited to Office 365 from OLSB, I would like to confirm if your domain has been "verified" in Office 365 and if your requirement is to change your SharePoint public website's URL as www.yourdomain.com.

If you would like to edit your SharePoint public website's URL as www.yourdomain.com, please first check that if the name server records have been created successfully as described in the link below:

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg549203.aspx

After doing this, try the steps below to change the website address to use your custom domain.

1. Log in Office 365, click Admin.

2. Click Domains on the left panel.

3. There is a sentence that begins with "Your SharePoint website address is...".  Click Change Address.

4. Select the custom domain from the drop-down and click OK.

5. Wait for some time and check if you can access your website.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Tyler,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo