Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Using the Office 365 Small Business trial, I've got my iPad activated OK but the Office 2011 apps on the Mac won't activate: I simply get the error "Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues"

All Replies
  • Hi Martin Richards,

For the time being, we’ve received some feedback about the Office for Mac 2011 activation issue from several customers. And we’ve been aware of this issue now. Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience it is causing.

To further investigate the issue, would you mind our collecting your Office 365 tenant information? We’ve sent you a private message considering data security. Please click “Private message” at the upper right corner of the forum to check it and reply to us with the relevant information.

And we’ll update the information in this thread once getting any updates about the issue. We highly appreciate all your time and patience.

Thanks,
    Eddy Li

1 out of 3 people found this post helpful.

• I'm experiencing the same issue with a fresh installation of office365 on OSX 10.9.4. It activates successfully on my iPad, Windows Phone, Android and Windows 8.1 Laptop, only my Macbook Pro seems to have issues. I can connect to my Onedrive and other microsoft services.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi EmmanuelBaeyens,

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused. We’ve also sent you a private message to collect your Office 365 tenant information for further investigation. Please click “Private message” at the upper right corner of the forum to check it and reply to us with the relevant information.

We appreciate your time and patience.

Thanks,
    Eddy Li

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• I have the same issue!! all other stuff works!!

• I am having the same issue as well on, OSX with Office 2011.

• Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue.. your help is appreciated.

Regards

Faio

• Hi CharlesKelly334, akff and FabioCerullo,

Sorry for the inconvenience it is causing. We’ve been aware of the issue now. And we’ve also sent you a private message to collect your Office 365 tenant information for further investigation. Please click “Private message” at the upper right corner of the forum to check it and reply to us with the relevant information.

Thanks for all your time and patience.

Best Regards,
    Eddy Li

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Same issue here.

• If it helps with diagnostics at all, it throws this error whether I am connected to the internet or not. It does not give any warning that I have no internet connection. Seems like it's not even trying to get out to your servers.

• I am having the same problem. I have an existing subscription to Office 365 University. I uninstalled & reinstalled Office for Mac because I was getting a bogus error message that something was wrong with my "system clock" and none of the Office apps were working (there was nothing wrong with the clock).

Now that I've reinstalled, I'm getting the message that I can't activate the software, because the 'temporary server issues' won't allow me to sign into my account.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING. I cannot send emails, I can't access my documents, I can't do anything. Telling me you want to collect my user data does not solve this problem. I've had problems like this before with Office for Mac. I don't understand why this software is so incredibly buggy. It seems that MS does not value its Mac-using customers at all.

• I just installed office 365 for my mac and it is not letting me register the product, with the same error message.  I need support ASAP as this is for work. Please help

• Hi Jefflsaac,

Thanks a lot for sharing with us the symptoms. And we’ve also sent you a private message to collect your Office 365 tenant information for further investigation. Please click “Private message” at the upper right corner of the forum to check it and reply to us with the relevant information.

We appreciate all your time and patience.

Best Regards,

Eddy Li

• Hi KateEvan,

Thanks for your detailed description. And sorry for the inconvenience the issue caused.

It seems the Office for Mac 2011 activation issue not only affects Office 365 for Business, but also Office 365 Home, Personal and University users. Actually, this forum is dedicated to supporting Office 365 for Business. For Office 365 Home, Personal and University users, we have a dedicated support channel. So we suggest you generate a new thread in our Office 365 Home, Personal and University Forum to get further assistance.

In addition, you’re welcome to share with us the updates if you get any in our Office 365 Home, Personal and University forum. We appreciate your time and understanding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ All Customers,

As this forum is dedicated to supporting Office 365 for Business, if you’re an Office 365 Home, Personal and University user, we suggest you generate a new thread in our Office 365 Home, Personal and University Forum to get further assistance. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eddy Li

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• The problem is solved. thanks,

Fabio

• Hi Fabio,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved from your end.

@ Emmanuel, I have received your private message and I’m glad to hear the issue have been solved as well. I truly appreciate your feedback.

@ Other community members, for any updates on the status of this issue, please feel free to keep them posted here. They will be really helpful for us to do further investigation. I could fully understand your feeling when experiencing such issues and sorry about that. We’re trying our utmost to run a fix. Again, thanks very much for your reports and patience.

Best Regards,
    Maggie Li