No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Not Admin, but need ability to manage users on customer tentant

• This post has 2 Replies |
  • 3 Followers
  • Hello, I'm the assigned engagement manager of a worldwide Office 365 rollout.  My deployment consultant set me up with an account, but I just learned it's an end user account.  He is out of the office for the remainder of the week, and the customer is asking to know his login password.  I'd like to reset his password and promote him to admin, so he can create 60 users onto this Beta Tenant by tomorrow morning.  How can I get this accomplished? 

1. I know there is a dedicated administrator account setup for this Beta Tenant, can someone give me it's password?  I can then manage users to get this customer setup properly in my consultant's absense.

2. I suspect that the customer may be already setup as an admin.  How can I get his password reset to at least he can login to verify whether or not he can manage users?

Need some help urgently on this one.

Thanks in advance for your help,

PalanceH

• Hello Palance,

Without System/Global Administrative permissions you will have to patiently wait. I would suggest you get a hold of the IT Admin who gave you this account and have him elevate your permissions.

Thanks,

David

David Rummelhart MSFT Moderator
  • This thread is solved as I helped them out last night.

David Brody
    Office 365 Technical Support
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)