No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I need to transfer my Office 365 subscription to a new computer.

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
I recently purchased Office 365 Small Business Premium for Mac. I have now upgraded to a new iMAc and need to transfer this subscription to my new machine.
All Replies
  • Hi Padraic,

Since Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based service, all the date is in the cloud, you just need to open the browser on your new iMac and log in to https://portal.microsoftonline.com/ with your account.

If you mean the Office application on your old machine, and you want to deactivate it, please refer to the following steps:
    1. Log in to Office 365 with the administrator account.
    2. Click     on the navigation> Office 365 settings> software.

3. On the Office page, click deactivate to release the Office license from your old machine. 

If you have any questions or there is any misunderstanding , please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Kevin Huang

• Office 365 isn't something you instal on a machine. Office 365 is basically 3 serves bundled in a packed called "Office 365". The 3 services are

Exchange

Lync

SharePoint

Now, you can purchase these Cloud services individually, but most get them bundled.

Anyways...

If you are just talking about your mail/calendar/contacts or what is in your "Office 2011 for Mac", the all you need to do is to install Office 2011 for mac on your new iMac and all your stuff will come down into it.

I'm not sure what else you want to transfer over, but basically, if you login to the Office 365 portal and click "Outlook"< Calendar" or "People" and its all correct, then its all on the server, all you need to do is to install the office 2011 for mac on the new mac and all the stuff will come down into it.

No need to transfer it

Hope this helps

• Hi Padraic,

Do the answers meet your requirement? If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Elaine Hao