I have a problem opening older version of Excel and Word files. I didn't have this problem last week. how can this be fixed?

This question is not answered This question is not answered
I have a problem opening older version of Excel and Word files. I didn't have this problem last week. I cannot even open the Excel files which I previously computed and sent it to out.

In the meantime I have changed my anti-virus program from Norton to Kaspersky. I think that might be the cause. What can be done to fix this?
All Replies
  • Hi ABMgmt,

As you said, the issue happened after you changed the anti-virus program, and it seems to be a strong possibility that the issue is related to the anti-virus. So, based on your current situation, my suggestion is to contact the Kaspersky support. Meanwhile, there is another forum that is dedicated to dealing with the Microsoft Office issues, so you can also post your question in that forum to have the issue resolved more efficiently. Our support engineers there who are more specialized will help you to solve the problem. For your convenience, I’ve attached the contact information below:

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../home

Tips: To get the issue resolved more quickly, I suggest you attach some snapshots of the error message and describe the problem in more detail in your new post.  

Thanks,

Kevin Huang

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks to Kaspersky my problem was fixed. Launch Excel or Word then File ->Options--> Trust center--> Trust Center Settings--> Protected View--> deselect 'Enable Protected View for Outlook Attachments'--> OK all. Now Outlook only asks me whether I want to Open or Save file but it opens!