No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 365 Certification Exams (071-321 Deploying Office 365 & 071-323 Administering Office 365)

• Hello Everyone,

I was fortunate enough to receive an invite to participate in the beta exams for the following Office 365 exams: -

071-321: Deploying Office 365

071-323: Administering Office 365.

Having had design & deployment experience of the components that comprise the Office 365 platform I am keen to reference appropriate study material however due to the exams being in beta (and therefore study materials not generally being available) I'm wondering if the community has any ideas as to suitable review material they may have come across.

My existing study material comprises of :-

1. 071-321 Microsoft exam prep info at microsoft.com/learning

2. 071-323 Microsoft exam prep info at microsoft.com/learning

3. Office 365 deployment guide (latest December release)

4. Office 365 enterprise service descriptions

If anybody knows of any other suitable material I would be grateful as I'm sure anyone else in the community planning on taking these exams would be.

Many thanks

Andy

• What about Microsoft Virtual Academy? I'm doing the examens too, so if you got good material, just let me know ...

• Hi Jethro,

Sorry, you're right, I forgot to mention Microsoft VA as another learning channel too.  However, I have noticed with VA that some of the interfaces referenced for Office 365 are beginning to go out of date such as the domain administration management, as Microsoft evolve & update the service.

Also, I've noticed the Office 365 deployment guide seems to be the definitive reference guide where Microsoft update recommendations, practices & produres for the Office 365 service.  This therefore is my 'carry on every device' reference material!

The latest revision to the Office 365 deployment guide is December 28th 2011 (as of this posts writing) and can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx.

Any other suggestions from all welcome.

Many thanks

Andy

• Hi Andrew,

Thanks for provding the Information for downloading the Deployment Guide to learn, I prefer learning Administering Office 365 using the Office 365 online help : onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../default.aspx ,Final and Latest Service Description & Jump Start Training videos from

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/Video/hh463580

Regards,

Surya Begum

• Hi Andy,

I'm taking the exams as well.  In addition to what's been mentioned in this thread, I'm also going to check out these labs from Technet.      

Office 365 Virtual Labs for IT Pros

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh699847

• Thank you Surya.

• How can I get an invite to write these exams?

• Hi Kelsey, the link for the exam registrations is here: community.office365.com/.../84658.aspx

• The link doesn't work.

• Hi Andrew,

Can you please review the link once again ! I wish to register for the office365 deploy exam.

• Don't apply for exams, they're too hard.

• Hi, the registration for the beta O365 exams has closed and it had to be taken also by the 28th Jan. Also, I took the exams but you don't get the results for 8-9 weeks after the beta closes (Jan 28th).  But I have posted some notes I made for revision purposes on my blog at mostlymicrosoft.blogspot.com.