No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Disable password expiry

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi guys..

I have been trying to find a definitive answer to this but can't seem to find one.  My question is, is there any way to disable password expiry for small business (P1) accounts?  I see instructions for power shell but no where does anyone say if this works with P1 accounts..

Any advice appreciated.

Gareth

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Gareth,

Currently there is no way to disable password expiry in Office 365 through the portal. Powershell is an alternative and yes, it will also work with P1 accounts.

If you have any questions on the use of powershell commands to disable password expiry, please let us know. Note also Powershell should be used with caution.

We are evaluating the possibility of adding this option to the portal in the future. For now, Powershell is your only alternative.

Regards,

Pablo_MSFT

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Thanks for your reply Pablo...

Please can you give me the official commands for powershell to disable the password expiry?  Also any instructions on setting up powershell as I have not used it before.

Many thanks

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Gareth,

First you should download the powershell module from this link: onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652560.aspx.

You only need to complete steps 1 and 2. Make sure to skip the rest. And for step 2, skip the step to run the pilot.

Once you have installed powershell, open the powershell prompt and run the commands below. This will disable password expiration for all your users.

$cred=Get-Credential

connect-MSOLService -credential $cred

Get-MSOLUser | Set-MsolUser -PasswordNeverExpires $true

Please let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

Pablo_MSFT

• Not Ranked
  • Thanks Pablo, I have done this and the commands were accepted so all being well it's all sorted..

Thanks again..

Gareth

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)