No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Trial subscription to product key bought in store

This question is not answered This question is not answered
We have a trial subscription. We bought boxed product keys. I have entered the keys into Office365. How do I assign the product keys to the users? The trial subscriptions are still assigned and I can't assign the product ones
All Replies
  • Hi Scott,

If you have already added the licenses into the trial subscription, you can first remove the trial license, then assign the new license to the user. For more details, please refer to the following steps:

1. Log into Office 365 as an administrator.
    2. Go to Admin > Users & groups.
    3. Choose the user whose license you want to remove, and then click the edit icon in the right panel.
    4. Click Licenses, and on the Assign licenses page, clear the checkbox of the trial license, then select the checkbox of the new license.
    5. Click Save to save the changes.

For more details, please refer to: Assign or remove a license.

• I do not have the choose to deselect and select another license.  This is a screen shot of the license assignment page under the user information.

Assign licenses

Office 365 Small Business Premium 10 of 14 licenses available
    Office 365 Small Business Subscription
    Exchange Online (P1)
    SharePoint Online (P1)
    Lync Online (P1)

I do not see an option of deselecting trial and re-selecting the paid.

• Hi Scott,

Sorry for my misunderstanding about the issue, I thought you have already added the licenses in the subscription and you can see them there.

Since the licenses are not listed in the page, can you please let us know which kind of licenses you have purchased? E.g. license for Office 365 Small Business,Office 365 Enterprise or the standalone plans?

Please note that we can mix Office 365 plans only within their respective service families. Office 365 Small Business can be combined with Office 365 Small Business Premium, for example, but not with Office 365 Midsize Business, the Office 365 Enterprise plans, or the standalone offers, such as Exchange Online. The same applies to Office 365 Midsize Business, which cannot be combined with Office 365 Small Business plans, Enterprise plans, or the standalone offers. 

For more details, please refer to the “Can I bundle different Office 365 plans together?” part in Office 365 for business FAQ.

• Thanks Neo, I purchased the same type of licenses as the trial.  Small Business Premium.  I can see them on the licensing page just can't assign them.

• It looks like there is something wrong with the licenses you've purchased, you'd better contact the sales support and check that.

virtualchat.support.microsoft.com/.../default.aspx