No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Why is Unlicensed Product in red at the top of a licensed user's programs?

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)
At the top of each program that was installed on the licensed user's desktop it contains a message that it is an "unlicensed product". It is a licensed product, so why is it still allowing the user to use the program, or otherwise why is that message still there?
  • Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Jonathan,

I understand your Office apps show as Unlicensed Product in its title. To help troubleshoot the issue, would you please tell me if you are using Office 2010 apps or Office 2013 apps?

If what you have installed is the Office 2010 suite, we recommend you re-activate the subscription by using OSAUI.exe. Please refer to the following steps to reset and reactivate Office Professional Plus 2010 for Office 365.
    1. Click Start, in the search field, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
        On 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Office:
        "%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\microsoft shared\OFFICE14\OSAUI.exe" /K         
        On 32-bit Windows, or 64-bit Office with 64-bit Windows:
    "%CommonProgramFiles%\microsoft shared\OFFICE14\OSAUI.exe" /K   
    3. If the commands don’t work, please refer to the example above to try OSAUI.exe /F to see if it works.
    After running this command, it will prompt the user for user’s Office 365 ID and password and let Office 365 services retrieves a new product key.

On the other hand, if the apps you are using is Office 2013, please run the ospp.vbs script to check its status:
    1. Determine whether the computer has the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Office installed. To do this, open an Office 2013 application, choose File, choose Account, and then choose About. The bitness is displayed next to the application version.
    2. Depending on the version of Office, open a command prompt and then type one of the following commands:
        On 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Office:
        cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
        On 32-bit Windows, or 64-bit Office with 64-bit Windows:
        cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
    3. Review the LICENSE STATUS. LICENSE STATUS indicates the life-cycle status of the Office Subscription.

If there’s anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Ella Huang
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Hi Jonathan,

How is everything going? Have you found the information you need?

Thanks,
    Ella Huang
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Ella, my name is Paul and I am also having this issue. I have Office 2013 64 bit with a company subscription plan. I have implement the cmd line you had above. My license status says:

C:\Windows\system32>cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.

vbs /dstatus

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

---Processing--------------------------

---------------------------------------

SKU ID: 149dbce7-a48e-44db-8364-a53386cd4580

LICENSE NAME: Office 15, OfficeO365ProPlusR_Subscription1 edition

LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 15, TIMEBASED_SUB channel

LICENSE STATUS:  ---EXTENDED GRACE---

ERROR CODE: 0x4004FC06

ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application

is running within the valid extended grace period.

REMAINING GRACE: 29 days  (42919 minute(s) before expiring)

Last 5 characters of installed product key: MDTP2

---Exiting-----------------------------

C:\Windows\system32>

We have a company subscription plan and everything is paid for, so I guess is what do I do next?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Paul,

Based on the information you offered, it seems your Office ProPlus Subscription has entered the Extended Grace period. In this period, Office is in full-functionality mode but is in risk of falling into reduced functionality mode (RFM). This state lasts for 30 days and indicates that the key has not been successfully re-activated.

Since you mentioned you have paid for the subscription, we recommend you contact our billing team about this issue. They can help check if there are any problems with your subscription. Their contact details can be found by clicking on the link below:

Thanks,
    Ella Huang
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)