No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I can not install office 365 on my Windows 7 PC

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
I am running in to some problem while installing Office 365 Small Business Premium edition on my Windows 7 x64 pc. I have downloaded 64bit install file, but it says " Something went wrong" and stops install at 11%. I have used "Fixit" tool to uninstall previous versions and disabled Symantec AV. Still the problem remains same. I am on hold with Microsoft for more than 1.45 minutes...No help.
All Replies
  • HI,

Try using the 32 bit, and do a restart first.

• Hi MohanN,

As I understand it, you encounter the downloading issue when you install software in your computer.

To troubleshoot the issue, I recommend you change to another network environment to re-download it again to see if the issue will persist.

Thanks,
    Anna Shi

• Hi MohanN,

How are things going? Do you need further assistance with the issue?

Thanks,
    Anna Shi

• I get the exact same thing, and have done the exact same thing to fix but the fix does NOT work. Tried from multiple networks, wired and wireless. The same thing happens. After I try a couple times, the installer stops even coming up. When I double click on the installer x64 that was downloaded nothing happens at all.

• Hi Jason,

First, I recommend you run an online repair of Office:

1.Open Control Panel, and choose Programs and Features.

2.In the Uninstall or change a program window, find and select the Microsoft Office product you're trying to install from the list.

3.Tap or click Change, choose Online Repair and tap or click Repair.

Also, you can refer to the following article to troubleshoot the setup problems:

support.microsoft.com/.../2813190

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Hi Nancy,

I did all those and now I have NO Office on my computer at all. The only thing I would have that is Office is Visio 2010. Any more suggestions? Should something this simple be so difficult?

• Hi Jason,

Based on the current situation, I would like to collect the following information for further troubleshooting:

1. If there are any users in the same organization encounter the same issue.

2. Please try installing Office application in another computer to see if the issue will persist.

Moreover, here is link for you reference: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-office_install/problems-installing-office-2013-and-office-365/42d81528-c7a9-4604-8687-f85f4df9770e

Thanks,
    Anna Shi

• I am running into the same problem.  How do I get the Office 365 Small Business Premium edition on my Windows 7?  It's not installing.  

• Do I have to purchase additional software in order to use Office 365 Small Business Premium on Windows 7?

• Hi KathrynT,

Generally, you can download and install Office application on Windows 3 computer from Office 365 portal if you are using Office 365 Small Business Premium.

You can refer to the steps above in this thread to troubleshoot the issue. If the issue persists, I recommend you post a new thread in our forum with detailed information, such as error message, so we can dig deeper into this question. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Anna Shi