No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How do I globally disable SharePoint?

This question is answered This question is answered

SharePoint is included with our Plan A2 licenses and default site collections were automatically created for team sites, my site and search. We have absolutely no plans to utilize it, but I am seeing it appear in our environment.

The problem is the SharePoint sites are automatically set as a default save location in Office 2013 as shown in the included image. This confuses users as we have an on-premise installation of SharePoint and absolutely no need for Office 365 SharePoint.

The link is even created for users that are not assigned a SharePoint license. How can I disable SharePoint globally or at least prevent the link from appearing in Office 2013 clients.

Verified Answer
  • Hi tpullins,

Based on my test, we can disable SharePoint site save location as below steps:
    1. From Registry Editor, browse to:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet
    2. Create a new DWORD value of UseOnlineContent, Set the value of UseOnlineContent to 1.
    3. Re-open Office application.

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang

All Replies
  • Hi tpullins,

Based on my test, we can disable SharePoint site save location as below steps:
    1. From Registry Editor, browse to:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet
    2. Create a new DWORD value of UseOnlineContent, Set the value of UseOnlineContent to 1.
    3. Re-open Office application.

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang

• This didn't work until I realized the correct value will be 0 instead of 1. Thank you.