Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have 2 slide shows on my site already. The first one was set up a while ago and that had no problems.
The second one I found it was doing the same thing as the new one but if you closed the page and reopened the page and tried again it finally worked.
I tried this with the 3rd set I wanted to put in and this method is not working at all, so I had no resort since I belone to skydrive to make a powerpoint show and put in the html to point to it.
Why have a gadget that does not work? Please fix the gadget so it works.
Set up a page and try to put the slide show in and see if it works for you, I am betting it will not
I have done tests from my side, the Slide Show gadget turns out to be working well for three albums into one web page.
To narrow down the root cause of the issue, you can follow the steps below:
1. Sign out from the public website, and clear the cache files and cookies of the browsers.
2. Insert a new Slide Show gadget for test to see if it works.
If the issue persists, please feel free to post the screenshots related for further troubleshooting.
In addition, I would like you to check the following information:
1. Add "/_layouts/usage.aspx" to the end of the public website URL to check the usage of the storage of your site collection.
2. Add "/_vti_pvt/service.cnf" to the end of the public website URL to check the SharePoint version.
i added it like this www.rdinternetassociates.com/.../usage.aspx
I added it like this www.rdinternetassociates.com/.../service.cnf
I do not understand where it shows it
and i cleared all the cookies, etc and this is what i got
the first picture is as i was adding them
the second picture was when I clicked "Finish"
also the website that i am trying to add the slide show is www.rdinternetassociates.com/.../SeminarsCommunityPrograms.aspx
after the 2 slide shows that are there already.
It's strange that only the third slide show gadget doesn't work. I would suggest you troubleshoot the issue with the following two methods:
1. Try to add only one picture in this slide show, and check to see if it works. If it can work, add one more picture. Repeat the steps to check which picture caused this issue.
2. Create a new page to place this slide show. Maybe there are some conflicts for inserting 3 slide show in one page.
How are things going? Does the issue persist now?
yes it still is not working, why would there be a conflict to insert 3 slide shows? that does not make any sense, the gadget should work even if you are creating 5, no?
also I tried doing only one picture, same probem
Since there are a lot of elements in the problem page, it's hard to determine whether there are some conflicts in the page. Would you please create a new blank page, insert the three slide show gadget in it, and post the URL here for troubleshooting?
Have you performed steps in the above suggestions? Appreciate any updates on the issue.
No. I have not a chance yet to make another page, been too busy with clients. When I do I will post it here
There have been unresolved problems with this slideshow since its development for OLSB 7 years ago, so if you can't get it to work you may want to consider some alternative options:
Thanks for the response. I will keep subscribing this thread for checking your post in the further.