No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Verification DNS record not found

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I have checked and double checked, the settings and it still won't verify my DNS settings when i ask to verify.

I am using 123 reg, and everything looks as it needs to be, any ideas anyone?

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Scotty,

How long has it been since you added the records?  It sometimes takes up to 72 hours for our servers to recognize the new records and allow verification.

• Hi Alexander, we tried this the first time for 4 days without sucess, we have reviewed and tried eveything suggested by MS so far without any luck. Please can you suggest anything else as we have exhausted all options so far and its critical for our business to get onto O365 asap. Thanks Scott

• What results do you get when you do a lookup on the domain using network-tools.com/nslook (Select DNS records/Advanced, then input your domain name and select TXT)

• Hi Alexander,

This is what it returns.

Header

rcode: Success

id: 0 opcode: Standard query

is a response: True authoritative: False

recursion desired: True recursion avail: True

truncated: False

questions: 1 answers: 0

authority recs: 1 additional recs: 0

Questions

name class type

fusionmobile.co.uk ANY TXT

Answer records

[none]

Authority records

name class type data time to live

fusionmobile.co.uk IN SOA

server: ns.hosteurope.com

email: hostmaster@fusionmobile.co.uk

serial: 2011071301

refresh: 86400

retry: 3600

expire: 1209600

minimum ttl: 86400

86400s

• Scotty,  based on your response,

fusionmobile.co.uk ANY TXT

Answer records

[none]

it does not appear that you have added the TXT record correctly.  I just did my own lookup on your domain and cannot see either the verification TXT or MX records. Without one of these, your domain will not be able to verify.  You can find the records needed and instructions on how to add them by clicking on the 'Pending Verification' link under the domains list.  These are general instructions and may need to be modified slightly depending on your registrar.

• Hi

I had similar issues and am using 123reg, I found an article on their support forum that explains how to get the domain verified for office365 and it works for me.

www.123-support.co.uk/.../how-to-verify-a-domain-for-microsoft-office-live-2692

• www.123-support.co.uk/.../how-to-verify-a-domain-for-microsoft-office-live-2692

• Same Loo8.net

Verification DNS record not found

We couldn't verify Loo8.net. Make sure that the verification DNS record that you created at your domain registrar is correct, and that you've waited at least 72 hours after you added the record.

• Verification by O365 works only if the name servers of the domain being verified are those of the registrar/host; if you are currently using the name survers of O365 (ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com), your domain will not be verified.

Make sure you have redelegated DNS management to the registrar/host.

Once your site has been verified by O365, you can delegate domain management to O365.

• When i using name servers ns1.officelive.com and ns2.officelive.com for officelive is working (Loo8.net),

but name servers ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com can't work in office365 (Loo8.net)

• I'm sorry, Loo Tham Khen, but I'm not certain what you mean that it "can't work."  Are you able to verify the domain in Office 365?  You will need to verify the domain before you change the nameservers.