No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

error Ex0FBD0C

• 4 Followers
  • 22 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I attempted to delete old devices associated with my account ("Chris Sells", csells@sellsbrothers.com) on my Office365 account (sellsbrothers.onmicrosoft.com). Now I have a zombie device associated with my MS Surface that blocks my access to Office365 on my Surface but that resists my attempts to delete it, reporting only error Ex0FBD0C. Please advise. Thanks.
  • Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Chris Sells,

I'd like you can follow the steps below to wipe the phone device:

1. Go to OWA via http://mail.office365.com/
    2. Option -> see all option -> Phone -> wipe device
    http://help.outlook.com/en-US/beta/ms.exch.ecp.MobileDevice.aspx

I will continue to monitor this thread for any additional response.

Thanks,
    Allen Qiu

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Chris Sells,

How is everything going? Do you have any updates about the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Allen Qiu

• Top 50 Contributor
  • There is no "Wipe Device" option for the WindowsMail device that represents my Win8 Surface RT device. When I select it in the list, the "Wipe Device" option is replaced with the "Block Phone" option.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris Sells,

Could you capture a screenshot of the Phone page?

You can refer the following picture to wipe device.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Here's what happens:

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris Sells,

The setting page you showed is for the whole organization. You can change to ‘Manage Myself’ in the top-left followed by Options through a drop-down list. Then select tab ‘Phone’ and you can wipe device.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • I'm already managing myself and there's still no "wipe device" option:

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris Sells,

You can change to ‘Manage My Organization’. Double click the user and then expand ‘Phone & Voice Features’.  Double click ‘Exchange ActiveSync’ and Wipe device.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • When I go that route, the "Wipe Device" option is disabled:

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris Sells,

Thanks for your snapshot. Per the snapshot you provided, I noticed that the status of the WindowsMail is Access Denied. If you want to use remote wipe feature, you need make sure the status of your mobile device is Access Granted. Please confirm the "Allow devices that don't fully support these polices to synchronize" in EAS Device Policy is checked. Go to manage my Organization-> Phone & Voice-> ActiveSync Device Policy-> Check "Allow devices that don't fully support these polices to synchronize" under General section.

In addition, please also check your device are not listing in the Quarantined Devices. You can refer to the following steps to check this:
    Go to manage my Organization-> Phone & Voice-> ActiveSync Access

After doing the above steps, please verify if you can access Office 365 account from your MS Surface. If so, then try again to delete the Office 365 account on MS Surface.

Thanks,
    Allen Qiu

• Top 50 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • When I attempt to change Access Denied to Access Granted, I get the error code I mention in the subject of this thread.

I've double-checked that "Allow devices that don't fully support these polices to synchronize" is checked (enabled), as per the default (I didn't change it).

I've double-checked that no devices are listed under "Quarantined Devices" as per the default (I didn't change it).

I cannot sync on my Office 365 account on my MS Surface, because I deleted my Office 365 account on my MS Surface when it no longer worked and am unabled to re-add it.

How many more of these messages are we going to go through before you admit that not being able to remove that device from my Office 365 account and not being able to set it to Access Granted and getting the obscure error message is a bug and kick it upstairs to someone that can actually fix it? Thanks.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris,

Please take your time to try the following steps one by one and provide update to me

1. Logon Administrator account on portal, go to Outlook and click See All Options, change to Manage My Organization, click Phone & Voice, switch to ActiveSync Access.

2. Click Edit under Exchange ActiveSync Access Settings.

3. Choose Allow access, please also add your admin account to the Quarantine notification emails list, click Save and exit.

4. Under Device Access Rules, please make sure there is no device list. If you have any device listed, please delete them.

5. Remove your current Office 365 account on Surface and re-add a new one. What’s the result now?

If the issue still exists, I would appreciate your help to provide the following information:

1. Did you receive any error on Surface when trying to re-add Office 365 account or trying to access Office 365 account? If so, please provide a screenshot or picture to me for more information.

2. If Surface still cannot be added, please check Admin mailbox to see if there is an email received regarding device quarantine. If so, please let me know the details in this email. In addition, please also check Quarantined Devices to see if you have any devices list. If so, please capture screenshot and attached in your next reply.

3. If you received any error during the steps, please help to capture a screenshot and attached in your next reply.

Best Regards,

Steven

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris,

Is there any update on this issue?

Best Regards,

Steven

• Not Ranked
  • Steps: all done.

Step 5: the result is the same as before:

I'm using the same settings that used to work. I don't think it's a settings issue; I think it's that I have an Access Denied associated with my WinMain Device in my Mobile Phone settings for that account. It worked before that was there. Can you please work your magic on the obviously hosed database and remove that record please? It's a bug that needs manual fixing.

There were no admin emails about quarantined devices.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1|2|