No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

error Ex0FBD0C

This question is answered This question is answered
I attempted to delete old devices associated with my account ("Chris Sells", csells@sellsbrothers.com) on my Office365 account (sellsbrothers.onmicrosoft.com). Now I have a zombie device associated with my MS Surface that blocks my access to Office365 on my Surface but that resists my attempts to delete it, reporting only error Ex0FBD0C. Please advise. Thanks.
Verified Answer
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide user access information to us.

After doing some tests, I found the Surface connection was corrupted. I have used MFCMapi to remove this corrupted Surface connection and now please try to add your Office 365 account to Surface again to check the result. I have done some tests and your account can be connected with our test Surface without any issues now.

Here are the details steps to use MFCMapi to remove the corrupted connection entry:

1, Please change Outlook profile to Online mode first

2, Launch MFCMapi->Session->Logon->choose the online outlook profile

3, Double click to open the user's maibox

4, Expand Root Container

5, Expand ExchangeSyncData container

6, Locate the device ID entry in question, right-click on it and choose Delete Folder.

To download MFCMapi, please refer to the following link:

MFCMAPI

http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com

Please take your time to check this issue and let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Steven

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Chris,

If the issue still exists after enable ActiveSync, please provide user access information as Steven mentioned. To protect your privacy, please reply to me in a private message with the information requested.

To access to the private message :
    1.Please go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.
    2.Click Private messages.
    3.Click the subject title of the response to read the message.

Best Regards,
    Allen Qiu

• From which machine do I execute this command? When I execute it on my main machine, I get the following:

The term 'Get-CASMailbox' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

And to be clear, my Office 365 email syncs to several other devices, including an iPad, a few phones and Outlook on my desktop. It even used to work on my Surface, but it no longer does. I never ran a command-line to disable ActiveSync nor did I interact with any admin program to disable it.

• Hi Chirs,

Thanks for the reply.

You have to connect Windows PowerShell to office 365 first before running this cmdlet and this cmdlet can be running on any computer which have Windows PowerShell and Internet connection. For detail steps to connect to Office 365, please refer to the following steps::

1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows PowerShell > Windows PowerShell.

2. Run the following command:

$LiveCred = Get-Credential

NOTE: In the Windows PowerShell Credential Request window that opens, type the credentials of an account in your cloud-based organization. When you are finished, click OK.

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

NOTE: The AllowRedirection parameter enables cloud-based organizations in datacenters all over the world to connect Windows PowerShell to the cloud-based service by using the same URL.

Import-PSSession $Session

NOTE: A progress indicator appears that shows the importing of commands used in the cloud-based service into the client-side session of your local computer. When this process is complete, you can run cmdlets.

May I know if this account can still work properly on your iPad or the other mobile device currently? My understanding is this account cannot work for all the mobile devices now, not only surface. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to correct me.

Best Regards,

Steven

• "And to be clear, my Office 365 email syncs to several other devices, including an iPad, a few phones and Outlook on my desktop."

Yes. My Office 365 mail works everywhere else except my Surface device. In fact, I added it to a Nexus 7 device today and it worked like a charm. It just doesn't work on my Surface.

• Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I understand that your office 365 account can work properly on Nexus7 and only cannot work on Surface.

Based on current situaiton, could you please user access information to us? we need to do some tests in lab. To protect your privacy, please reply to Allen Qiu in a private message with the information requested.

To access to the private message :

1.Please go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.

2.Click Private messages.

3.Click the subject title of the response to read the message.

Best Regards,

Steven

• Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide user access information to us.

After doing some tests, I found the Surface connection was corrupted. I have used MFCMapi to remove this corrupted Surface connection and now please try to add your Office 365 account to Surface again to check the result. I have done some tests and your account can be connected with our test Surface without any issues now.

Here are the details steps to use MFCMapi to remove the corrupted connection entry:

1, Please change Outlook profile to Online mode first

2, Launch MFCMapi->Session->Logon->choose the online outlook profile

3, Double click to open the user's maibox

4, Expand Root Container

5, Expand ExchangeSyncData container

6, Locate the device ID entry in question, right-click on it and choose Delete Folder.

To download MFCMapi, please refer to the following link:

MFCMAPI

http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com

Please take your time to check this issue and let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Steven

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks, Steven. I figured there was some database corruption problem. I didn't know about MFCMapi, so I'll explore that in the future if this kind of thing happens again.