No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingTransportException

• This post has 26 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Hello Samuel,

Thanks for quick reply & detailed steps.  I have tried those steps and found an exception in the last step. Here are the screens shots.

I have given the correct credentials. I have used the same for windows login.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards

Sebastian

• Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for the update and your patience in allowing us to help you with this issue.

I want you to do the following. This will run a PoerShell that gives you a black window instead of the blue window you have been using.

Navigate to Start-> All programs ->Nicrosoft Online Services -> Microsoft Online Services Module  for Windows PowerShell.

When you get the black PowerShell window repeat the commands from Step 2 to Step 6 and let me know if this was successful.

Regards

Samuel

Samuel A Girod MSFT
  • Hi Samuel,

Thanks once again for your help and support. I have followed your instructions and got an exception in the following command. Connect-MsolService -Credential $LiveCred

There is another update on this issue. 
                I have set up a new Windows server 2008 R2 and configured Exchange server on it.  Then installed Visual studio in it and executed the C# program for retrieving mailbox details. That is working fine but still I can't execute this program from another PC in the same domain. 

Thanks & Regards

Sebastian

• Hello Sebastian

Thanks for the update. I am reviewing the PowerShell commands and it appears that you get the same error whether we use the blue or the black version .

Can you modify the command that fails from your last try. Run the command as  Connect-MsolService  and then let it prompt for the credentials.

Even if this fails try to run your program and report what happens.

Regards

Samuel

Samuel A Girod MSFT
  • Hi Samuel, 

I have done the changes as suggested by you, but the result is same.  Here I have given the steps I have followed...

• $LiveCred = Get-Credential
    • $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://WIN-8T4IUB1NROG.exchange.mjs.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
    • Import-PSSession $Session
    • import-module MSOnline
    • Connect-MsolService

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks 

Sebastian

• Hi sxavier,

Thanks for your post and screen shot about the current situation. I apologize for any inconveniences this issue may have caused you and your organization. Please follow these steps to connect to our Exchange Online:

1.  $LiveCred = Get-Credential

2. $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection

3. Import-PSSession $Session

4. Connect-MsolService

To verify you are successfully connected run this command get-mailbox and press enter. If you still have additional questions or concerns regarding feel free to update the post.

Best regards,
    Roger MSFT Support

• Hi Roger,

I have followed your steps and ended up in an error. Please review the screenshot below. 

Regards

Sebastian

• Hi sxavier,

Unfortunately, to connect to our Exchange Online you must use the Microsoft Online Services Module for Windows PowerShell by Navigate to Start-> All programs ->Microsoft Online Services Module for Windows PowerShell =>. Then, run the scripts above. If you have additional questions or concerns feel free to post on the forum.

Best regards,
    Roger MSFT Support

• Hello Roger, 

Thank you for your continuing support.  I did the same as you suggested.  Please review the screenshot below. 

Regards

Sebastian

• Hello sxavier,

Thanks for the response and the screenshot.
    In reviewing the errors you have had with PowerShell it is always that the username or password is incorrect.

Do you have any other admin credential you could try. It has to be an Office 365 administrator credential.
    Rerun the steps using the black PowerShell window and use this new credential when you run the Connect-MsolService commandlet.

We are very close to resolving this. Please update the thread with the results

Regards,

Samuel.

Samuel A Girod MSFT
  • Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your continuing support.  

Samuel A Girod MSFT Moderator
    Do you have any other admin credential you could try. It has to be an Office 365 administrator credential.
    Can you please clarify this(I feel sorry for only having limited knowledge in this area); What is an Office 365 Administrator credential? How can I get that? I read that office 365 is a paid service offered from Microsoft and this contains different components including Microsoft Exchange Online. Is it necessary to have an office 365 administrator to run Exchange server(2010) monitoring commands via a C# application. Thanks once again for your help. 

Regards

Sebastian

• Hello Roger,

Click on the URL i have provided here for you as it gives you instruction on how to add a domain in Office 365. Please let me know if you have further questions in regards to this issue.

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff637620.aspx

Kind Regards, 
    Mario Novoa
    O365 Technical Support

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) |1|2