No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Windows Phone Unable to Sync - Stuck in "access granted - pending" Status

  • 3 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I'm trying to configure a Nokia 900 WP to sync with an Office 365 account.  The admin inbox received an email requesting admin authorization for the device and when I navigate to the page and click on "Allow" button after selecting the device on the list, the status changes to "Access Granted - Pending" and remains like that indefinitely.  If I attempt to load the same authorization page by clicking on the email link, the status shows that the access has been denied.  Repeating the authorization process doesn't changes the status to "pending" but the phone never starts to sync.  Thanks
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Bojan A,

    Is there any other users experiencing the same issue in your organization? The issue might be related with the Exchange Migration process. If you have just migrated to Office 365, please try to manually configure Windows phone with the server name which can be found with the following steps:

    1. Sign in to your account by using Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
    2. In OWA, click Options, and then click See All Options.
    3. In the left navigation pane, click Account, click My Account, and then click Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access.
    4. Under SMTP setting, locate the name of the server.

    Please use the instructions in the following KB article to see if it can work:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293029

    In addition, I suggest you use a WiFi network connection for your mobile device instead of 3G or other mobile networks.

    Thanks,
    Reken Liu

    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Bojan A,

    It sounds that your mobile phone has been quarantined by ActiveSync. Please first try to check the status of the device with the following steps:

    1. Login Outlook Web App with the administrator account, click See All Options.

    2. Choose Options > Manage My Organization > Phone & Voice.

    3. Click ActiveSync Access on the ribbon, and see if you can find the device in the quarantined devices list. If you find it, select it, and click Allow.

    After that, try to connect your mobile to the Office 365 mailbox with the Mobile Phone Setup Wizard.

    Please choose Windows Phone or Windows Mobile and Set Up Microsoft Exchange E-mail on Windows Phone when you enter the wizard.

    Thanks,
    Reken Liu

    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Reken, thank you for your reply.  Unfortunatelly, that didn't resolve the issue.  The phone does not appear in the quarantined list.  It does appear under "Mail>Options>Manage Myself>Phone" with an "OK" status.  I've noticed that the server value in the Nokia's account settings keeps getting reverted to bl2prd****.outlook.com after I update the value to m.outlook.com, per instructions you've pointed me to.  When I try to sync the account on the device, I get the following error message: "bl2prd****.outlook.com requires that certain security policies be enforced before you can sync your information. Contact a support person or your service provider. Error code 86000C29"

    • Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • BTW, I already tried deleting the Office 365 account from the Nokia device as well as the device from the Exchange settings (phone listing.)

    • Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Also, this is the URL that was referenced in the automated email sent to Office 365 admin with title "A device that belongs to **** has been quarantined. Exchange ActiveSync will be blocked until you take action": https://bl2prd****.outlook.com/ecp/UsersGroups/EditEASMailbox.aspx?id=***

    When I load this page, the phone appears on the list of devices with "Access Denied" status.  I can highligh it and click on "Allow" button which changes the status to "Access Granted - Pending" but the change never seems to get applied.

    • Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Bojan A,

    Is there any other users experiencing the same issue in your organization? The issue might be related with the Exchange Migration process. If you have just migrated to Office 365, please try to manually configure Windows phone with the server name which can be found with the following steps:

    1. Sign in to your account by using Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
    2. In OWA, click Options, and then click See All Options.
    3. In the left navigation pane, click Account, click My Account, and then click Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access.
    4. Under SMTP setting, locate the name of the server.

    Please use the instructions in the following KB article to see if it can work:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293029

    In addition, I suggest you use a WiFi network connection for your mobile device instead of 3G or other mobile networks.

    Thanks,
    Reken Liu

    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • That solved the problem, thank you! Using the actual mail server name instead of m.outlook.com worked after reentering the password at the device's inbox prompt.

    • Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Bojan,

    That odd that you had to do all that, all did on my Nokia was put in username and password, and it found the server and set it up.

    Hope this helps

     

    Robert

     

    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)