No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Different passwords

This question is answered This question is answered
Hi After migrated from BPOS to O365 I have problems with my passwords in Exchange and Lync. My password in exchange is "A" My password in Lync is "B" My password for this forum is "B" How do I synchronise those passwords? /Lars
Verified Answer
  • Hi Aikon,

I understand the problem is you have different passwords for Exchange Online and Lync Online.

Based on the current situation, I suggest you reset your password at Office 365 portal, so that you can use a new password in Office 365 services. You can request the administrator at your company to do so.

To reset a user’s password as an administrator, please refer to Reset a user's password.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the fourm.

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi Aikon,

To reset your own password, you can use this URL, portal.microsoftonline.com/changepassword.aspx

Hope this helps,

-365-

All Replies
  • Hi Aikon,

I understand the problem is you have different passwords for Exchange Online and Lync Online.

Based on the current situation, I suggest you reset your password at Office 365 portal, so that you can use a new password in Office 365 services. You can request the administrator at your company to do so.

To reset a user’s password as an administrator, please refer to Reset a user's password.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the fourm.

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi Aikon,

How are things going on your side? Did my above information help you or do you need any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Hi Evan

I havent tried yet, as I can't do it by my self, as I am admin, and may not reset my own pw.

I'll be back. :-)

• Hi Aikon,

To reset your own password, you can use this URL, portal.microsoftonline.com/changepassword.aspx

Hope this helps,

-365-