No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Delivery Delay Diagnostic-Code: smtp;400 4.4.7 Message delayed from low senderbase.org score

• 15 Followers
  • 124 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Reporting-MTA: dns;bigfish.com Received-From-MTA: dns;mail37-tx2-R.bigfish.com Arrival-Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:28:09 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822;email@email.comAction: delayed Status: 4.4.7 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;400 4.4.7 Message delayed Will-Retry-Until: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:28:09 +0000 X-Display-Name: Name (CFM)

So anyone who finds this thread, the problem is with a low senderbase.org (by Cisco) reputation score.

Microsoft needs more motivation to get this going.  If you are having this problem please follow these steps:

1. Please open a ticket here: https://portal.microsoftonline.com/Support/NewSignupServiceRequest.aspx

2. Please post the service request ticket here and/or send it to me via private message.  I will add it to my master ticket

May 14@5:11pm EDT: I don't think we need anymore tickets to get Microsoft to pay attention to the issue.  They are fully aware of the seriousness of it and are addressing it at the highest levels.  See my newer posts for more updates.

Please read the thread before posting, most of your questions will probably be answered

• Post Points: 110
All Replies
  • still nothing, welcome to club

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Robert - i cannot send a PM to you either unless you follow me, or open up your priv settings.  My SR # is (SR numbers edit by MSFT Support).
    • Not Ranked
  • Erick Peters - can you please post your SR# if you have one open with O365 support so that we can get support to link these issues together?  Strength in numbers...

• Not Ranked
  • (SR numbers edit by MSFT Support.)
    • Not Ranked
  • I work with Jason...not a new event.

Here's my brief interpretation of what's going on.  I would love for someone from Microsoft to catch this an run with it considering that we've been unable to communicate to very large clients for two days now.

Something happened on Wednesday that dropped the reputation score for Outlook.com at senderbase.org (now set to Neutral).  That score has been distributed to Cisco appliances, apparently in use by bigfish.com (what I believe is the domain for Microsoft's Forefront email protection gateway solution).  Based on customer thresholds, the score is now causing the appliances to reject legitimate email from Office 365 customers.  At the very least, Microsoft should be able to talk to Microsoft and patch the problem.  At most, Microsoft should be able to get Cisco to fix its score.  In all cases, the problem is in Microsoft's hands.

• Not Ranked
  • the 'Neutral' score isn't enough to go off of, you need to have a subscription to senderbase.org to actually get the score, which as of yesterday according to the VA.gov is -0.2.

the VA, which is who I think everything is having an issue with has a policy of limiting email from senders with  a score of under 0.

As MichaelVA said, Microsoft needs to contact Cisco and ask them to revise the score, better yet find out what caused the low score so it doesn't happen again.

I tried to contact Cisco via this www.senderbase.org/contact and emailed them at support@senderbase.org about 24 hours ago.  I have yet to hear something back yet.

• Not Ranked
  • We are also having a problem with a large government contractor that seems to have mail routed through bigfish.  So, I don't think that it's isolated to just one organization.  We have tickets open with everyone we can think of.

My theory on what caused the low score is that former BPOS customers may have been finally transitioned to O365 for mail delivery earlier this week.  We noticed that our MX record was still going to BPOS during our troubleshooting on Wednesday.  The reputation score may have been hit due to an abnormal spike in Outlook.com outgoing mail traffic that potentially indicated a SPAM condition.  The timing seems to make sense.

• Not Ranked
  • I know of multiple organizations that have a policy of limiting email with a senderbase.org reputation score under 0, senderbase.org is a widely used service.

• Not Ranked
  • New thread was posted last night by someone.  I've asked folks over there to consolidate here.

community.office365.com/.../187608.aspx

• Not Ranked
  • I also changed the title of the thread to reference the senderbase.org issue

• Not Ranked
  • My support ticket with FOPE: XXXXXXXXXX
    • Not Ranked
  • Kevin,

thanks for posting it, I added your ticket to the notes on mine.

Microsoft, are you listening, you are going to lose a lot of customers if this isn't fixed ASAP!

• Not Ranked
  • Hi, I also posted at the other thread mentioned by MichaelVA, but per his suggestion, I'm "consolidating" here.

• Not Ranked
  • Has anyone else had any updates from Microsoft today?  They have been silent all day, and i've had trouble reaching the rep I was working with yesterday.

• Not Ranked
  • BR-ISS, have you put in a support ticket yet?  If so, can you post the number here.  If not, please call them and get a support ticket going.  The more the better.

• Not Ranked
Page 2 of 9 (125 items) |1|2|3|4|5||»