No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Problems with MS Office 2010 viewing shared MS 365 Calandars

This question is answered This question is answered

I have 7 employees all sharing calanders threw MS 365. All employees use Office Outlook 2010 to update their calandars. On MS 365 everyone can see eachother's appointments, ect, but on Office Outlook 2010 it's not updating. It looks like information is getting lost in transit.

Also, if there is not a way to update on Office 2010 then how can I combine all the calandars on MS 365 to overlay on each one?

Verified Answer
  • Hi NataliaDDuran,

Thanks for posting here.
    Before moving on, would you please confirm the following information?
    1. When you say “7 employees all sharing calanders threw MS 365. all employees use Office Outlook 2010 to update their calandars”, do you mean that your employees are sharing their calendars via Outlook Web App (OWA) and the shared calendar information could not be updated on Outlook client?
    If it is the case that you can open shared calendar successfully in OWA, could you please re-open the shared calendar in client Outlook again as in the following example, to see if any improvement?

2. For the second question, would you like to combine multiple calendar information in one horizontal layout?

If my understanding is true, you could use the Schedule View for all calendars, and then it will display them at the same time.

If there is any misunderstanding or any unclear information, please feel free to correct me here. I will continue checking it for you.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi NatalidDDuran,

Thanks for your update.
    To help us narrow down this issue, would you please stop sharing this calendar for this particular and then re-configure share calendar again to see if any improvement?

In addition, as far as I know, we are not able to use the Schedule View for all calendars displaying at the same time as it used in Outlook client.
    You may refer to this article below for more feature difference between Outlook and Outlook Web App:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc511379.aspx

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

All Replies
  • Hi NataliaDDuran,

Thanks for posting here.
    Before moving on, would you please confirm the following information?
    1. When you say “7 employees all sharing calanders threw MS 365. all employees use Office Outlook 2010 to update their calandars”, do you mean that your employees are sharing their calendars via Outlook Web App (OWA) and the shared calendar information could not be updated on Outlook client?
    If it is the case that you can open shared calendar successfully in OWA, could you please re-open the shared calendar in client Outlook again as in the following example, to see if any improvement?

2. For the second question, would you like to combine multiple calendar information in one horizontal layout?

If my understanding is true, you could use the Schedule View for all calendars, and then it will display them at the same time.

If there is any misunderstanding or any unclear information, please feel free to correct me here. I will continue checking it for you.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• I tried what you suggested for my first question and I am still not seeing any updated appointments. I can see all the appointment/meetings my employees have if I look threw the OWA, but the infomation does not transfer/update on Outlook client. Is there anyother way or maybe we are not inputting info correctly? Also, in regards to my second question, I would like to combine mulitple calendars on my OWA. Ideally I would like all employee calendars to overlap on OWA as they do on desktop Outlook.

• Hi NatalidDDuran,

Thanks for your update.
    To help us narrow down this issue, would you please stop sharing this calendar for this particular and then re-configure share calendar again to see if any improvement?

In addition, as far as I know, we are not able to use the Schedule View for all calendars displaying at the same time as it used in Outlook client.
    You may refer to this article below for more feature difference between Outlook and Outlook Web App:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc511379.aspx

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi NatalidDDuran,

How are things going? Is there any update on the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Grace Shi