No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Adding Users

This question is answered This question is answered
I'm trying to add users and it takes me thru the setup steps.  Step 2 "Make sure people can still get to your website".  I add the IP address (my website is hosted to Office 365) and check it.  It says correct and goes to "add records".  It then responds with "

The host name we need to add already exists

For your website to continue to work, we need to create a DNS record for the host name www, but it looks like one is already there. Before you can go on, you'll need to delete the existing CNAME record for the www host name. Or you can use a different host name instead

When I look in the domain manager, it says the CNAME records cannot be edited. 

Not sure what to do next.

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Sheilah OBrien,

It sounds that you are in the process of adding your domain to Office 365. The wizard is just guide you to move your domain to Office 365, and keep the external website available with your domain. If the purpose is to adding users to Office 365, please feel free to cancel the wizard. You can accomplish this with the instructions in the following thread:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/146/p/30261/127904.aspx#127904

After you complete the wizard, please refer to Create or edit users to add your users in Office 365.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Sheilah OBrien,

How are things going? Is there any other help needed here?

Thanks,
    Reken Liu