No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Post-Office365 implementation of Active Directory?? Caveats?

This question is answered This question is answered

My company recently started utilizing Office365's E3 package for everything. While this has been super-easy and convenient, I have been slowly obtaining the hardware and necessities to implement Active Directory in our office for all the benefits it provides.

Unfortunately, the Office365 implementation/deployment was incredibly easy--thus is beat out Active Directory time-wise. Now, I'll be implementing Active Directory in the next month and wanted to know if there was a way to reverse-inherit/migrate users from Office365 to AD, rather than the usual AD to O365.

Thanks!

-Christopher

Verified Answer
  • Hi ccastloo

You can deploy the SSO . You can take a look the detail at onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../hh125004.aspx

For the question you mentioned, we don't need to change the AD domain and match the Office365 verified domain. You can add a new UPN and use it to match the Office365 verified domain.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Another thought I just had, is would the Active Directory name need to be the same as the domain utilized in Office365? Currently it's totally different, so I don't believe they would cooperate naturally without force, if at all.

Thanks!

• Hi ccastloo

You can deploy the SSO . You can take a look the detail at onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../hh125004.aspx

For the question you mentioned, we don't need to change the AD domain and match the Office365 verified domain. You can add a new UPN and use it to match the Office365 verified domain.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi ccastloo,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Neo Zhu

• This answered my question adequately.

• Neo,

We have decided to forgo tying our AD to our Office365 service as it would be volatile with only one server servicing our AD services at the moment, unfortunately.

Thanks anyway!