No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Website to Office 365, mail to Google Apps

This question is answered This question is answered

I'm a web neophyte, so...

My domain is hosted by MelbourneIT, I want Office 365 to host my website, and I want to use Google Apps to receive e-mail (I work on a Mac, and I'm missing too much important mail because of Office 365's password changes);

I'm using Office 365 for both my site & mail now (the domain has been verified by both Office 365 & Google) - how do I make this change?

Thank you!

Verified Answer
  • Hi Eoleksy,

Have you changed the name server records of your domain to Office 365 name servers? If so, you need to change the name servers back to Melbourne IT. After that, please follow these steps to achieve your requirements:

1. Change SharePoint Online public facing website address to your own domain in Office 365. Please refer to Use a custom domain name for your SharePoint Online public-facing website address to do this.

2. Add A record and WWW cname record in Melbourne IT for your website, and you can find the DNS record value in MOP > Domains >Your domain > DNS Manager.

3. Create MX record in Melbourne IT for your Google Apps email.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

All Replies
  • Hi Eoleksy,

Have you changed the name server records of your domain to Office 365 name servers? If so, you need to change the name servers back to Melbourne IT. After that, please follow these steps to achieve your requirements:

1. Change SharePoint Online public facing website address to your own domain in Office 365. Please refer to Use a custom domain name for your SharePoint Online public-facing website address to do this.

2. Add A record and WWW cname record in Melbourne IT for your website, and you can find the DNS record value in MOP > Domains >Your domain > DNS Manager.

3. Create MX record in Melbourne IT for your Google Apps email.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Eoleksy,

Did the above reply answer your questions? Please let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu