No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I need my IP address to get my website running!

This question is answered This question is answered

I have been in the process of switching my website from Office Live to Office 365 for the past month. My website has not been online for at least a week, and I am so tired of trying to get through the instructions I feel like I can no longer read!

I did all the switching over to Melbourne IT, even though I don't understand this at all, and they were super helpful and did some things for me over the phone. Melbourne says they don't have my IP address and Microsoft does. How do I find it? I think that's the last hard step I need to get through. The rest looks pretty easy.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Lisa,

You are going to have to read a little more, Please look at this: Where is the IP address for Transitioning OLSB to Office 365

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Lisa,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• Hi,

Thanks for sending me that link. It said that if I am being asked for my IP address, that means I've done something wrong.

I haven't felt like starting all over again yet, and I don't know if I ever will.

I'll let you know if I do.

Thanks.

• You didn't do anything wrong - the instructions and domain wizard are incorrect. If you're asked for an ip address you need to cancel the process and start over. Then when asked if you have a domain web site, answer NO even though you do. That will allow you to finish the process. 

• Thank You.

I finished the 5 steps.

Now....

I need to "Configure DNS records at my domain registrar."

Is my "Domain Registrar" Melbourne IT???

If so, I can't seem to sign into it. It's not taking my username/password. 

And even though I've called them before, the customer service phone number on their website seems to have too many digits in it to be a phone number I can call!

Yikes!

• Lisapeters,

Watch and follow this --> Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365 

• Thank you! Thank You!

I FINALLY got my website back online!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help!

Whew! I hope I never have to do that again!