No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Slide Show Gadget unexpectedly shifts verticaly after published - Problem

This question is answered This question is answered

I think this is a glitch and it is making web design challenging.  Whenever I add a Slide Show Gadget reguardless of size and where it is, it always shifts vetically changing the formatt of the entire site.  Published positions are unexpected.  See included image.  I created an overlay to show the difference.

All Replies
  • Here is another example.  In this case the slide show is inserted into the first line of text and justified to the right using the paragraph style that puts all the text on the right side of the frame.

In the overlay example I have included the slide show is ignoring both vertical and horizontal placement.  What is going on?

• It only seems to work if all the images are the same dimensions and you resize the module to them. Even then there are unwanted margins/padding added.

http://wb3.sharepoint.com/Pages/aboutus.aspx

It would probably be quicker getting a javascript slideshow and using that - it would certainly look better. The module is the same as the one used in OLSB which wasn't fixed in 6 years so I doubt this will be anytime soon.

I just noticed the same thing happened on that linked page in IE - but is fine in Firefox. How anyone is supposed to build a site with all these bugs is beyond me. 

• Hello Snooze,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about are slideshow publishing in the wrong spot.

1)      Are you resizing the slideshow?

2)      Have you tried using different zone sizes?

3)      If you use a zone that is closer fitted to the size that you want the slideshow, do you still have this issue?

I tend to have this issue when using a slideshow that is in a larger zone and I resize the slideshow.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• 1)      Are you resizing the slideshow?

When transferring from OLSB to Office 365 I used past slide show sizes (custom) which worked with the formatting of the rest of the pages (prefereabble).

2)      Have you tried using different zone sizes?

In the latest sample image, the slide show is sized to the exact resolution of the images (all images the same) and a zone is shrink wrapped around it as if to force it in a poistion.  Yet, there is still unintentional shifting happening once published.

3)      If you use a zone that is closer fitted to the size that you want the slideshow, do you still have this issue?

Yes.  The sample image provided demonstrates this.

If I impliment a slide show that does not need to be off center to coordinate with other objects and is simply placed in it's own page, there is unintentional shifting downward as well, so even in the most simplest of context, the slide show does not follow its original formatting.

• Is it the same if you use Firefox? It's clearly a problem in IE but if we can confirm it's just IE, it might be easier to fix. Either way it should be logged as a bug. 

• I can confirm that the Slide Show Gadget works as expected in Firefox.  This pertains to slideshows with modified sizes and irregular image sizes.

Please fix in IE.

• Hello Snooze,

I have sent you a private message so you may start a service request for your issue. Make sure that you check the link to the Private Messages as it may not register that you have one.

• I am also experiencing this problem and it is not good!  Any Solutions!

• Hello ETremain,

Would you explain your issue in further detail?

• The illustrations above explain it well.

• The new O365 website is going to have go live in 14 days.  Is the glitch going to be solved by then?!

• Hello ETremain,

Do you have the images uploaded into your website image library to Insert the image from the ribbon or did you copy and paste it directly from OLSB to the Office 365 website?

• Jason,

I have saved the images to my computer for both archival purposes and for use on the new O365 pages.  I did not copy and paste.  Good question though.

For anyone else watching this thread with slide show gadget issues, Microsoft has contacted me and communication about the problem was very successful.  The issue has been confirmed and is being upgraded for further sampling.

• Hello Snooze,

Have you created a Service Request for this issue?

Are you still having an issue with the slideshow gadget?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

• It's not really a solution but if you go into Sharepoint Designer and remove the <p> tags wrapping the slideshow element, the gaps go away. I don't know why MSFT doesn't just update the code to fix the problem once and for all . 

1|2|3|4