No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Where are the headers, like on the Connect Forums, for SharePoint, Exchange, Lync?

This question is answered This question is answered

Is there a reason that Office is a category, but not SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, etc.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Scott. Just wanted to let you know that we listened and added workload specific forums. They just went live today. You can now post issues in SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Lync Online forums. We've also added the equivelent forums for Office 365 for Small Business.

All Replies
  • The decision was made to keep it simple to begin with by starting with a small number of  forums. We can add others as we see the need.

• I understand, perhaps just us, but the current buckets would cause us NOT to post very much ... except, Issues/bugs/suggestions and feedback on the Admin ... is the intention to force everyhting into the "general" or what do you suggest?

• Hopefully the lack of a specific bucket will not deter folks from posting questions and issues. If you think it's a bug, please put it into the Bugs and Suggestions forum. Questions/concerns that don't fit into any of the other forums should go into General. We're going to pull answered items from Bugs and suggestions and General and move them to appropriate locations. We'll use this process to determine what other forums we need.

A post indicating what forums you'd like to see would be and example of some excellent feedback :-)

• As per the Blog post ... "This is really YOUR community. We provide the platform and the tools.We have some exiting new features planned for general availability and beyond. We’d like to hear your thoughts about how this community should work, and what features you’d like to see.  Let us know your thoughts by posting comments to this blog post, and by posting feedback to the File bugs and suggestions forum."

Our vote is for a community to explore best practices, ticks of the trade, new business scenarios, etc. - as well as issues/bugs.

We are all use to both Connect and TechNet Forums - look at the traffic on technet forums about BPOS already -  that specifically have catergories for SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, etc.

• Hi Scott (I'm now signed in with my official MSFT account). Thanks for the feedback, thanks for reading my blog post, and thanks for contributing to the community. I second your vote. We're just getting started., so keep the suggestions coming, and keep watching while we build out the community portal.

• Hi Scott. Just wanted to let you know that we listened and added workload specific forums. They just went live today. You can now post issues in SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Lync Online forums. We've also added the equivelent forums for Office 365 for Small Business.