Skydrive Pro won't sync. Credentials required and nothing happens

• 8 Followers
  • 21 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

I have Office 365 small biz premium.  Skydrive pro on desktop will not sync and keeps telling me I have to "credentials required".  When I click on "enter credentials", nothing happens.  I tried logging in online per other forum suggestions.  nothing.  i restarted the laptop and tried logging in online before syncing the destop skydrive.  nothing.  what next?

• Post Points: 95
All Replies
  • Hi Atan,

I would like to confirm the following information:

Can you find the “SkyDrive - Pro Up to date” icon on the right corner of the taskbar after clicking the “SkyDrive Pro 2013” from the Start menu?

If so, I suggest you perform the following steps to reproduce this issue.

1. Click “Stop syncing a folder …” after clicking the “SkyDrive - Pro Up to date” icon.

2. Select the folder that can’t be synced from the “Microsoft SkyDrive Pro” window.
    3. Click the “Stop syncing” button.
    4. Click “Yes” when you receive the pop-up message window as below: 

5. Click the “SkyDrive Pro 2013” program, you will receive the window “Microsoft SkyDrive Pro” window. Please select “Sync a different library instead”.
    6. Copy a new library URL from the SharePoint site and paste it in the window under “Which library do you want to sync?”. Then click the “Sync Now” button.
    7. Select the folder from the list under “Select the library you want to sync” window, and click “Sync selected”.
    8. Click the “Show my files…” button in the above window. 

9. You can add a file to this folder, and then check if it is show up to library in the Team Site.

If it syncs correctly, the issue is caused by the temporary connection issue. You can remove the previous sync folder and add the folder again to troubleshoot this issue.

If the error message "credentials required” appears again, please capture a screenshot for further research. I will continue following up with you to fix it.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Atan,

I’m writing to follow up on the previous thread we worked together on. Has the issue been resolved? If so, please let us know how you fixed the issue. If not, please share with us the current situation for further research.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Permanently stopping sync and doing it again works.  thanks.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Atan,

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi, I am having EXACTLY the same problem.  Won't sync, says credentials required, but when I click nothing happens.  I am working on a Surface Pro and I cannot find the SkyDrive Pro menu Monica refers to, so I cannot stop syncing.  If I click on SkyDrivePro it just opens the copy on my computer.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Julia,

To further investigate this issue, could you help to collect the following information?

What’s the type of your Office 365 subscription? E.g. Office 365 Small Business, Office 365 Small Business Home Premium, Office 365 Enterprises
    Have you installed the SkyDrive Pro feature in Surface Pro?
    Could you capture a screenshot of the icon you can view in the Surface Pro?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Monica,

I am having exactly this issue myself - it has started this morning.  I will try deleting and Resyncing - what is the root cause of the issue though?

Regards,

Mark.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Mark,

Is the issue fixed after deleting the synced list and re-syncing it again? If so, the issue might be caused by the corrupted connection between SkyDrive Pro sync and the SharePoint Online site.

If the issue persists, to further investigate the issue, could you capture a screenshot of the latest error message?

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • I desperately need some assistance to help me understand SkyDrive Pro and its use of credentials.

I have the same Skydrive Pro synch issue as above, when I select ‘Enter credentials’ nothing happens.

If I then select 'Stop synching a folder..' and re-synch the document library, I get the message 'We can't connect to the specified SharePoint site'.

I spent several hours exploring various options until I happened across another sub site on our Team Site that SkyDrive pro was happy with.  I looked at the Site Permissions and one by one removed users and groups until I discovered that as soon as I removed my Microsoft ID (which happened to be in the ‘Members’ group which has Contribute permissions), SkyDrive Pro had a problem with ‘credentials’.  As soon as I added my Microsoft ID back to the ‘Members’ group to the library SkyDrive Pro worked again perfectly.

It appears SkyDrive Pro is somehow selecting my Microsoft ID credentials, and not my Office 365 ID to access SharePoint.  How do I check what credentials SkyDrive Pro is using?

I am using Windows 8 (logged on as the Microsoft ID mentioned above).  My Office 365 ID has admin privileges to the Office 365 subscription which is P1.  I have ‘Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013’ 15.0.4420.1017 32bit installed.

Treasurer
    All Saints Isleworth

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Monica,

his is still happening almost every day.  My perception of Skydrive Pro is now very low and is pretty much the worst software feature I have ever worked with.  So much so I am going to remove it and move everything to dropbox which is at least stable.

Here is a screenshot of the message I get, clicking the enter credentials box does nothing other than clear this dialog.

• Not Ranked
  • I too have a Organisational account and a personal LiveID with the same email address.

I have tried to close my LiveID account but it tells me I can't as I have a subscription associated with it, but I don;t  - it's two copies of Visio 2013 I have bought outright not on subscription.

I have tried to talk with some MS personnel but can't even get through to the right personal to talk to.

This is simple doing my head in and getting me very frustrated.

Time to move back to dropbox.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Mark,

We have received some question from users’ about the “Enter credentials” as you mentioned. Before moving on, I suggest installing the hotfixes for SkyDrive Pro in the following two articles:

1. Description of the SkyDrive Pro update: July 9, 2013
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817469
    2. Description of the SkyDrive Pro hotfix package (Groove-x-none.msp): August 13, 2013
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2727104

If the issue persists, have you checked Microsoft ID in Members group as John mentioned? It’s a good point to narrow down this issue.

From the current symptom, the issue is a little specific. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Thanks for sharing the tests you performed and your understanding as we work to investigate further.

To further research this issue, I would like to collect the following information:

1. Both your vanity domain and the onmicrosoft domain (contoso.onmicrosoft.com).
    2. Your geographic location, such as EMEA, LATAM, APAC, North America...
    3. The default language for your site.
    4. The Team Site URL

To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message on this. It was responded in a private message with a subject of "Information Request".

a. Please go to the "Your details" section on the right side of the community site.
    b. Click "Private messages".
    c. Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
    d. You can reply by using the form in that display to provide the information requested.

@John, from the information I received, it uses Office 365 credentials to sign in to the SkyDrive Pro. What’s Microsoft ID you mentioned? You can provide the information in a private message. I will further check it.

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Monica,

SkyDrive Pro started working for me after I installed the hotfix kb2727104, the second of your two options above.  I have run it now for two days and not once received the credentials issue.

This is very good news indeed, thank you very much for sending us this.  Please can you feed this back to the technical team involved so they can recommend it's formal release.

John

Treasurer
    All Saints Isleworth

• Not Ranked
    • Male

• Hi John,

Thank you for sharing with us the good news. I am very glad to hear that the issue has been fixed by the hotfix KB2727104. I have forwarded your comments to the technical team internally. We appreciate your efforts on the suggestions.

I believe others who encounter the similar issues will be benefit by your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Monica,

I'm afraid the problem is back.  SkyDrive Pro is again using the Microsoft Account credentials and NOT the Office 365 account credentials when I logged back in today.

I would appreciate you forwarding this feedback to the technical team and also could you ask how you check what credentials are being used.

Regards

John

Treasurer
    All Saints Isleworth

• Not Ranked
    • Male
  • Hi John,

Thank you for letting us know the current status. I have forwarded the new comments and question to the technical team.

The causes of an issue are different due to different configurations. To better follow up the issue, I suggest posting a new question in the forum with detailed problem description and error message you received at this time. A new post will be generated with a complete history of dedicated troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Whilst some of the posts might have helped people resolve an immediate issue I can't see that it has solved the problem originally posted.  To explain my experience of that problem:

SkyDrive Pro does not sync because it says credentials are required - that's straight-forward enough.

Left-click the small arrow to the bottom-right of the Windows task bar, and left click on the SkyDrive Pro icon.

The SkyDrive Pro "We ran into problems syncing" window opens

Now it should be a simple case of clicking on the "Enter Credentials" button at the bottom of that window and entering the credentials required.  However, when the "Enter Credentials" button is clicked nothing at all happens.  This is the problem.

Yes there are short-term fixes to get around that problem like stop syncing a folder and then set it up as an new sync but that leaves numerous copies of the SkyDrive Pro folder on the local PC and does not solve the problem that nothing happens when the "Enter Credentials" button is clicked.

If that problem could be fixed it would certainly help in my case (I sync to more than one SkyDrive Pro and have to enter more than one set of credentials).  I've also experienced the same problem of the "Enter Credentials" button not working when I had only one SkyDrive Pro to sync to.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Drumbss,

Have you installed the updates for SkyDrive Pro client? If not, I suggest installing the updates for SkyDrive Pro. As the conversation is a little long in this thread, I suggest opening a new question in the forum to have a fresh thread to work on your question. A new post will be generated with a complete history of dedicated troubleshooting.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • I have the same problem....have installed all the hotfixes. I uninstalled Skydrive Pro and Office 365 and reinstalled them both. I had to re-sycn all of my libraries, but it worked for about 3 days. Now the problem has returned. I had this problem about 6  months ago and fixed it by uninstallling SDP and O365....please let me know how this can be fixed.

I also recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.0...dont know if that has caused any issues....

• Not Ranked
  • To Monica,

I don't expect you to provide an answer to this post as I already know your response which is "I suggest opening a new question...."

I am posting here just so that you know, and can inform your technical team, that this problem has not been fixed and I have done everything  you  suggested.

What really irritates me is the default response to stop and re-sync, do you have any idea how many posts there are on the internet regarding this and similar SkyDrive Pro issue?

Regards

George

• Not Ranked
  • Hi, I see many references to issues in the forum regarding sync issues with SharePoint sites using SkyDrive Pro or OneDrive for Business. I am running the latest version, and I have constant issues. I have to stop syncing all folders and re-adding them over and over. They sync up ok initially, then a few days later I am back to "enter your credential" again. Attempting to enter credentials does nothing. Please help, these issues are impeding the adoption of SharePoint at our company.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1|2|