No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Password expiration.

This question is answered This question is answered

I assume my p/w expired....

Should I not have gotten a notification.
Outlook not connecting to the Exchange server killed outgoing for other mail services,

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hello

you can check if your password expired when you log on the portal (portal.microsoftonline.com)

it will ask you to change your password if expired

if not you can try the self service reset password portal passwordreset.microsoftonline.com

• OK, P/W expiration is fine....Why  not inform users of p/w expiration in advance, rather than expiring w/o warning?

Outlook stops sending email on Gmail and Verizon because Office365 cannot connect to Exchange server? until I logged in via the web? and prompted to change p/w?

• OK, P/W expiration is fine....Why  not inform users of p/w expiration in advance, rather than expiring w/o warning?

Outlook stops sending email on Gmail and Verizon because Office365 cannot connect to Exchange server? until I logged in via the web? and prompted to change p/w?

• Hello Nanochillbot,

All of your users should be receiving a password expiration notification starting 14 days before their password expires.  This should appear if they sign into the Portal or directly into OWA, and it should also appear if they sign into email client software that isn't Outlook, as unfortunately Outlook cannot display the notification.  If you aren't seeing that message, you may need to run the desktop setup app on that machine.  Alternatively, you can also disable password expiration if you'd like.

• I tried to check my email this morning and it would not let me.  I found out my password expired.  I am the one and only user of my Office365 account.  I do not want my password expiring without warning!!!!!  How do I fix this to make it not expire?  I looked all over the web site and I could not find a way!