Availability of Exchange ActiveSync for mobile phones and 1 GB mailboxes for Exchange Online Kiosk users

Office 365 Community Blog

|
Availability of Exchange ActiveSync for mobile phones and 1 GB mailboxes for Exchange Online Kiosk users

Earlier this year, we announced our plan to provide Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) support for mobile devices to Exchange Online Kiosk users.  This change will enable connections to all smartphones that support EAS, but will not include tablet devices.  We are also planning to increase email storage for Exchange Online Kiosk users from 500 MB to 1 GB.  This is a result of improvements in our storage costs, which we are happy to pass along to our customers.

We are pleased to confirm that all newly provisioned Exchange Online tenants since the beginning of March 2012 have received these updates for their Kiosk users, and any newly provisioned tenants moving forward should automatically see these updates.  For any tenants that were provisioned before March 2012, we are still in the process of rolling out these updates and expect the rollout to be completed in April 2012.

We look forward to delivering these updates to you, and as always, we’d love to hear your feedback!

Thanks,

Exchange Online Team

Audience:

Exchange Online Kiosk

Office 365 Kiosk (K1/K2)

RSS
Comments
  • Hi, I just got moved over to Office 365 last week. How do I connect to my mail now via Exchange mobile? the mail.microsoft.com server name isn't working and assumed its changed.

It would be helpful if this information was included in a FAQ as didn't see anything on the MS IT extranet site.

John-

• Hi John,

Please see these Help Articles:

help.outlook.com/.../bb896613.aspx

help.outlook.com/.../cc825479.aspx

Thanks,

Josh.

• Una pregunta frecuente es la relativa a la adopción que está teniendo Office 365, de ahí

• Una pregunta frecuente es la relativa a la adopción que está teniendo Office 365, de ahí

• Are tablets (specifically iPads) supported with the Exchange Online plan called "Plan 1" (priced currently at $4 per month)?  I have not been able to get one of my users who is licensed for this plan up and running on his iPad, and I am wondering if iPads are also not supported under Plan 1.

• While new features are always appreciated, my organization utilizes the Exchange Online Kiosk license specifically to limit access to users. Is there a way to Disable EAS for kiosk mailboxes? All attempts to disable in both the Exchange Control Panel as well as through PowerShell result in the following error:

License validation error: the action 'Set-CASMailbox', 'ActiveSyncEnabled', can't be performed on the user <mailboxname> with license 'BPOS_S_Deskless'.

Thanks for any insight.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)