CRM Integration with Office 365, Benefits and Installation

Office 365 Community Blog

|
CRM Integration with Office 365, Benefits and Installation

Audience:

Office 365 for enterprises

Our latest Office 365 technical blog post comes from Brian Galicia, Microsoft Senior Product Manager. This blog post will outline the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and walk you through installing the CRM Online List Component for SharePoint Online.

Written by: Brian Galicia, Microsoft Senior Product Manager

Back in December 2010, we described the plan to add Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to the same administration, billing and provisioning platform used by Office 365. A year later, this plan has become a reality now that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online service is live on the OSDP platform in current Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online markets. Customers and partners can now manage their Cloud users and Cloud billing within a single platform. 

I encourage you to view this video, which demonstrates how these two cloud offerings can improve employee productivity and help organizations increase business velocity and reduce IT overhead. There is also a valuable customer testimonial from BioMedix describing the value of using a joint Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online solution.

New customers who are interesting in purchasing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online subscription via direct payment (credit card or invoice) can use the following URL pre-filtered with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online (https://portal.microsoftonline.com/Signup/MainSignUp.aspx?OfferId=E778C9B9-48BE-4a95-A2D9-AA43F828ED0C&dl=CRMSTANDARD).

If you already have a Microsoft Office 365 account and subscription, you can purchase Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online by signing in https://portal.microsoftonline.com, navigating to “Purchase” and adding the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Professional offering to your shopping cart.

Installing the CRM Online List Component for SharePoint Online

With the latest SharePoint Online Service Update (SU1), SharePoint Online now supports the CRM List Component, which allows for the automatic creation of SharePoint folders within admin defined entities for CRM Online.

Please note that the Office365 team is still rolling out the updates so your instance may not have the update applied.

Step 1: Download the List Component.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displayLang=en&id=5283

Step 2: Extract it locally.

Step 3: Navigate to your SharePoint Online Team Site and to the Site Settings. Galleries –> Solutions.

Step 4: Upload the List Component you extracted in Step 2.

Select the “crmlistcomponent.wsp.”

Activate the component.

Step 5: Log in to your CRM Online instance (Settings->Document Management->Document Management Settings).

Select the entities for which you want to enable SharePoint Online integration and enter the applicable SharePoint Online site where you installed the list component.

In your IE settings, also add “*.sharepoint.com” to your Trusted Sites.

RSS
Comments
  • Tal y como se puede leer en este post del blog técnico de Office 365, desde ya Microsoft Dynamics CRM

• Tal y como se puede leer en este post del blog técnico de Office 365, desde ya Microsoft Dynamics

Hopefully the next item on Office 365 (P1 or P2?) plan roadmap is a "lite" version of CRM for small businesses.

• That's Fantastic! Integrate CRM Online with sharepoint online is really good and It will help most of the customers manage both.

• Brian, is this not available to Small Business O365 plans? It does not show up an an option for purchase.

• Yes, this is for Office 365 for enterprises.

• 対象: Office 365 for Enterprise

最新の Office 365 技術ブログは、マイクロソフトのシニア プロダクト マネージャーである Brian Galicia が作成したものです

• みなさん、こんにちは。

先日 Office 365 ブログで、SharePoint を利用した Dynamics CRM オンラインと Office 365 の統合に関する記事が公開されたので、こちらでも紹介いたします

• Hi,

As a Microsoft Cloud Partner I would like to start using CRM Online. I did not order CRM Online via the Office 365 portal but via www.microsoftcloudpartner.com because of the partner benefits. Now I can use CRM Online but I need to authenticate with my Live ID, not my Office 365 ID. I've noticed that customers who order CRM Online via the Office 365 portal authenticate with their Office 365 ID, they even get a link in the Office 365 portal.

Can 'transform' my subscription or can I order a new subscription from the Office 365 portal including the benefits for partners?

Under step 3. "solutions" is not displayed under Gallaries.  What am I missing?

• If you are looking for a comparison between the P1 plan and the E plans in Office 365 you might find

• Hi Freddy, did you manage to transform your 'old' CRM Online user rights to the new Office 365 integrated CRM?

• Hi Freddy,  I want to do exactly what you and Ralph want to do.  I saw a demo last week and the 365 clearly showed that the CRM was integrated. I hope someone from MS will monitor this thread and answer this issue for us.

• I am a German Office 365 user, but I do not have the "Purchase" button.

Any suggestions?

• As of october 1st I'm in a new role in Microsoft. I've joined the fantastic CRM team here in Denmark

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1|2|