Recipient Rate Limit for Office 365 P1

Office 365 Community Blog

|
Recipient Rate Limit for Office 365 P1

Audience:

Office 365 for professionals and small businesses
Office 365 for enterprises

In response to feedback from our customers, we have increased the recipient rate limit within the Office 365 P1 plan to allow users to send email to up to 1,500 recipients per day. Previously, the recipient rate limit for users of Plan P1 had been set at a maximum of 500 recipients per day. 

Recipient rate limits exist to discourage users from sending large volumes of unsolicited commercial email, commonly referred to as spam. These limits protect our online service from becoming a source of spam and, as a result of these protections, keep our customers’ email messages flowing. Datacenter enhancements have allowed us to increase this limit while maintaining the same level of protection.

These limits apply both to email messages sent within an organization and those delivered to external organizations. The best way to avoid exceeding the recipient rate limit is to use distribution groups when sending messages to large numbers of recipients. Distribution groups stored in the shared address book are counted as a single recipient toward the recipient rate limit. For more information, see Strategies to Support Bulk Email. Exchange Online customers who need to send legitimate bulk commercial email — such as customer newsletters – should continue to use third-party providers that specialize in these services.

If you would like more information on recipient rate limits, see Bulk Email and Daily Recipient Rate Limits. We made this change because of your feedback. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and please keep it up!

Thanks,

Steve Chew

Exchange Product Management

RSS
Comments
  • 対象: Office 365 for Professional and Small Business

お客様からのフィードバックにお応えして、 Office 365 P1 における受信者レート制限を1

• Thanks a lot for increasing the limit in the P1 plan!

• That's all well and good suggesting the Distribution List method, but according to help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.newcontact.aspx, there is a limit of 50 external contacts...  I have a customer that needs to send press releases to 630 people multiple times in a single day.  What kind of workaround is there for this scenario?

• Hi Russell,

Our solution was to subscribe to a third party campaign/marketing email solution that will send out these releases via their servers.  If you're in the business of "sales" and rely heavily on email marketing, the last thing you would want is for your servers to be identified as "SPAM".  I support Microsoft in the decision to limit recipients and either encourage using multiple licenses/mailboxes to distribute the content or subscribe to a third party to distribute it for you.

Best Regards,

John

• hello,

though as you say the limit is now 1500 just yesterday i tried to send an 800 email bulk from word mailing option and only 500 emails left..then every email i tried to send i got the msg email limit reached...how can this happen..i double checked and i had only 800 emails on my sent folder and 300 of them returned NDR report..is there a possibility some servers are not updated yet?

thank you

• Una pregunta frecuente es la relativa a la adopción que está teniendo Office 365, de ahí

• Una pregunta frecuente es la relativa a la adopción que está teniendo Office 365, de ahí

• I appreciate the efforts to make the P1 plan more usable. However, 1500 is still a very low limit for recipients internal to a company. We originally signed up for BPOS that, as far as I am aware, had no such recipient limit, and after our transition to Office 365, we are running into this issue. This is impacting a critical internal business process for us, and we are only a company of 38. I'm sure you've heard plenty of complaints about this issue. We need a method to support having one account that can send more than 1500 emails per day within our organization. It's not usual, but this is related to immediate alerts on our sharepoint (on-premise) site.

• Yesterday my account was locked after sending 500 emails, so if the send limit increased, it is not valid for my P1 account.

Given that P1 accounts don't have technical support, I don't see how can I report and fix this issue for me.

• Let me also add that we are on P1 and have hit quotas after roughly 500 emails.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)