Update: Lync Mobile Device Sign-in and Troubleshooting

Office 365 Community Blog

|
Update: Lync Mobile Device Sign-in and Troubleshooting

Audience:

Office 365 for professionals and small businesses

Office 365 for enterprises

We’ve been getting some questions about signing in to Lync on a mobile device, so here’s the latest scoop as of today, December 19, 2011:

• If you have your own domain name, you’ll need to add a DNS entry for Lync Online, and open a firewall port for push notifications. For details, see Set up Lync mobile devices (administrators).
  • If you have a standard Office 365 domain name—for example, contoso.onmicrosoft.com—no additional sign-in steps are required. Initially some customers with *.onmicrosoft.com domains had trouble signing in, but this issue has now been fixed. 

If you’ve gone over everything on your end and still have questions, or still can’t sign in, check out these Knowledge Base articles from Microsoft Support:

Windows Phone 7 mobile devices: use and troubleshooting
Google Android mobile devices: use and troubleshooting
Troubleshooting "Cannot connect to the server" errors on Lync mobile devices

RSS
Comments

Questions about signing in to Lync 2010 on a mobile device? Check out the Office 365 Technical Blog and

• We have just installed the Lync Mobile for iPhone. It works fine and nice for us.

Thank you very much.

it is the best gift for us before the Christmas holiday.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Simon from Hong Kong

• Dear guy,

How can I start to use this software

• 対象: Office 365 for Professional and Small Business , Office 365 for Enterprise

Lync Mobile がリリースされてから

• Microsoft Lync 2010 for Windows Phone (a.k.a. Lync Mobile) just released - get it here

If you want

• I am using Office 365. I can sign in successfully; however, I do not see my contact list. Also, I use Windows Messeger on my mobile. Is this integrated with Lync or do I need to have both applications open? Thank you.

• @Balinda What phone do you use? If you've got an Android phone you can download the software to it from here:

market.android.com/details..

Your organization does need to have Office 365 set up, and needs to do some set up steps for Lync specifically.

i have it on android but it will still not connect to the Lync server

• Hello world

I would love to serve you with your real estate needs in NW Florida, home of the most beautiful beaches along the Gulf Coast. Everything in Real Estate!  dmurphy@brooksrealtysvc.com

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)